• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Acquires More Episodes of One Piece

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ropen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
About time ANN reported this news! My topic ended up getting deleted before! Razz
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

Sigh... looks like I have to change the stinger of episode 16 but it's worth the official announcement. (I have a web show where I review fanfics...)
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Finally. Looking forward to starting the streaming version back up, their licenses ended in such an odd spot. It's unfortunate that there might be some cast changes, but at least most/all of the core characters are FUNi regulars.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
1! 2! Sunshine! 4! WE GO!!! Thank you so much FUNimation!! This made my weekend! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
Hooray!! I've been looking forward to this. Very Happy
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
SailorDJ wrote:
Hooray!! I've been looking forward to this. Very Happy
Same here Wink
The American Average

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
HELL YEAH!! about time great news but the Foxy pirates are up next Anime cry and here I just watch these in Japanese thinking this wouldn't happen anytime soon all well its a good show I'll watch again Cool
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Finally. Looking forward to starting the streaming version back up, their licenses ended in such an odd spot. It's unfortunate that there might be some cast changes, but at least most/all of the core characters are FUNi regulars.

Emerje

I think it should be noted that the cast changes they were talking about had to deal with the cast they established with the video game nearly four years ago. FUNi released and dubbed "One Piece Unlimited Adventure" in January 2008, which covers material that will be in this set of episodes. So the podcast peeps were asking if those same voice actors would continue playing those same roles for the actual anime.

Also, the game came out extremely earlier in FUNi's One Piece run -- before any DVDs for the TV series actually came out -- so some of the casting might not have been totally perfect, but "good enough" for a video game.
FrogHatVampirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
[stands up from chair and walks forth]
♪ Suddenlyyyy...liiiife has new me-aning, to meeee! ♫

OK now that I got that out of my chest: I am so very happy! Lookin' forward to season 4!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote
Good deal. I wish they had gotten more episodes locked in, but as long as they can keep bringing it to us, I'm happy. Plus, the prospect of perhaps getting them on BD is even better.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
This news pleases me, so much. Very Happy
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
Hopefully FUNimation will have the license to Episodes 264-325 Smile, by the time Episode 263 is available dubbed Very Happy.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
Slow news report is slow guys. Geeze.

Of course this is great news. I was beyond happy when I heard this from the One Piece Podcast guys and I was actually pretty damn proud to be a One Piece fan since this only goes to show that the series has been supported throughout the years.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote
So win! I've been waiting for this forever!

Can't wait for this, now I can finally watch season 3.
I've been holding off on it, thinking it might be my last dubbed eps, and didn't want to finish it.

FUNi pwns all!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean Patrick Seitz won't be Franky? Sad They confirmed WAAAAAAY back that he would!

But they've already recast some of the video game characters: Koina (Laura Bailey in the game to Monica Rial in the anime), Pepper (Laura Bailey in the game to Cherami Leigh in the anime), Young Zoro (Aaron Dismuke in the game to Cynthia Cranz and later Brina Palencia in the anime), and Mr. 2 Bon Clay (Mike McFarland in the game to Barry Yandell in the anime).

Of course there's also Helmeppo being recast with Mike McFarland when Troy Baker wasn't available.

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3