• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Please Twins! DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With a plot and characters that keep you hooked episode to episode, this series is a good choice to add to your library.

I wouldn't make this kind of statement after only the first volume. And I never thought I'd see Please Twins get an A...
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:56 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

I wouldn't make this kind of statement after only the first volume. And I never thought I'd see Please Twins get an A...

A-. Wink

I heard a lot of crap about Twins before I ever watched it. And after watching this disc (all I've seen), I just couldn't see much wrong with it. I'm liking the show a lot so far.

Please Twins managed to defy the expectations that I have of shows in this genre, so I guess I'd be more impressed than most.
Ryo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I was disappointed when I saw Please Twins... Not that it's that bad a show. But I found Please Teacher much better.
There's also the fact that they kept some characters from Please Teacher while other were left out for no apparent reason. And the ones that come back just aren't the same as before. If they needed different characters, they should have created new ones instead of changing their personalities like that.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Quote:
With a plot and characters that keep you hooked episode to episode, this series is a good choice to add to your library.

I can see where the reviewer is coming at this from. I mean, I really liked the first two volumes of the series. The artwork is really nice, the characters are really lovable, and there really isn't anything in the series that makes me dislike it. It only goes downhill later in the series, when you realize it's the same thing every episode, and the story takes a shift for stupid.

If you've only seen the first volume of the series, it's really sort of interesting, and a bit addicting.
AlDim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Onegai Twins started out relatively well but then went down fast. Overall it's a bore.
Also the OVA episode is horrible.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
saw the first dvd and fell asleep. story was so predictable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1