• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Regional distinctions in rankings?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me if this idea is unfeasable, but has anyone considered implementing a feature into the encyclopedia that ranks the importance or popularity of different titles by country rather than in one big general category? Most likely by having members distinguish which country they live in in their user profiles?

I think it would be interesting to see what kinds of titles people from USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, etc place the most value on, and how what titles are readily available in their domestic markets influence preferences. It could complement the international lists nicely.

Again, just an idea.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Most likely by having members distinguish which country they live in in their user profiles?

It does sound like a good idea, although I have a feeling that in most cases, the popularity would not be significantly different. The major problem that immediately arises, however, is that quite a few users don't have the actual country/state/city/etc. that they live listed in their location.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1