• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Delays Squid Girl Part 2 to December 6

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:40 am Reply with quote
Sigh so no I have to wait a few more weeks to get this
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
Not going to change anything since I'm going to order for this DVD tomorrow. Would be hassle to change the order form. ;(
usagidoshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know if Media Blasters has fixed the trouble with bad DVD boxes on Part 1? I hope the Part 2 delay means they won't repeat that mess. I've been holding off on ordering either part until I know I won't get scratched DVDs rattling around in the case.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:03 am Reply with quote
Oh oh, hopefully this is not a bad sign..............
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote
I hope this delay is to make sure Part 2 doesn't have the same dvd case issues the first part had. I didn't appreciate part 1's discs being all scratched to hell and back.
lunaitc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote
Media Blasters has delayed a release. In related news, birds continue to fly and fish continue to swim.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
haha, I think it would be a miracle if Media Blasters actually did not have a delay or production interruption of some sort. I still love em though.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:49 am Reply with quote
Disappointing, but better than news of a cancellation.

Though, if the decision to release this series as a two-part 6 episode set was to get it to fans faster, well, perhaps going back to the drawing board be in MB's future.
The Count

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quote
usagidoshi wrote:
Does anybody know if Media Blasters has fixed the trouble with bad DVD boxes on Part 1? I hope the Part 2 delay means they won't repeat that mess. I've been holding off on ordering either part until I know I won't get scratched DVDs rattling around in the case.
I doubt it, my copy of Bakuman has the same issue. I had to put a piece of folded paper in the case to prevent the DVD's from moving. Kind of annoying.
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quote
I didn't have any problem with the first disk when I got it (no rattling disk). Still disapointed that the release of part 2 was moved back. They need to stick to release dates, its just good business to show customers you can deliver on time.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
usagidoshi wrote:
I doubt it, my copy of Bakuman has the same issue. I had to put a piece of folded paper in the case to prevent the DVD's from moving. Kind of annoying.

I had the same problem, I bought 3 different ones and they were all scratched. I finally settled on the third, because only the first disc was scratched, and not very bad. And, I watched it all the way through and it plays fine.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I had to return part 1, 4 times before I just received a refund, I wont buy it now unless either they release it as a complete set with a better case, or we get a blu-ray release,

I am really starting to lose faith in media blasters, and I was so hoping they would license ladies versus butlers, since like Kanokon it is the type of show they normally license
stevek504

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
usagidoshi wrote:

Wow, I thought this was just my bad luck. My Squid Girl arrived okay, but my Kashimashi Vocal Collection was broken and had the disc running around loose inside. If someone knows of a good replacement case that I can transfer the cover and disc into...
The Count

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
stevek504 wrote:
usagidoshi wrote:

Wow, I thought this was just my bad luck. My Squid Girl arrived okay, but my Kashimashi Vocal Collection was broken and had the disc running around loose inside. If someone knows of a good replacement case that I can transfer the cover and disc into...
When I switched all my singles to multi-pak DVD cases to save room I ordered these and love them. Their solid, the teeth that hold the DVD itself are sturdy and don't feel like they'll break and the order came quickly. They also come in many different capacity's. If your not looking for bulk you may want to try amazon.

It's sad that Media Blasters are back to getting titles that arn't completely about fanservice, put some time into a dub then release them in a crap case. But I've had problems with the types of cases Media Blasters uses long before this.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
With my Genshiken DVD's, with the exception of one case, the spindles that hold that the DVD's has broken and I actually had to put Gorilla Glue on the spindles so they would not snap off entirely.

However, that isn't as bad as scratches on Genshiken Deluxe DVD set. Luckily, I was able to buff the DVD's to where they now work, but I still see some scratches and for $40 plus, that is not something I am happy to see.

By the way, these were brand new DVD's and aren't used. I am exceptionally careful with my DVD's, so I know it's not that something I did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2