• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Advertisement on Billboard

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
This isn't an advertisement for anything or an endorsement of the place in anyway. This is merely a "Hey, guess what I saw" type comment.

I was driving down the interstate a couple exits to get to my IHOP for breakfast when one of those big roadside billboards caught my eye. It was for some online shop called Anime Yasumi. It was a simple design, a light neutral color (beige-ish) with some pink scripty text "Anime Yasumi dot com" written out with a little 'sticker-like' circle below it saying something about 20% off. Or at least, that's all that I caught seeing as I was driving 70mph down the interstate and you know... should be paying attention to the road. Wink

If you're interested, I did go look at their site, and it seems as if the billboard's colors were pulled from the site. I think that's a nice tie-in. Unfortunately, their stock seems pretty much unimpressive. I'm not sure if they're new or what... *shrugs*

I hadn't really seen big advertisements around for anime before, but then, I don't really get out much either. Anyone else see any? It's sparked my curiosity...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1