• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arrietty Anime Film's New U.S. Dub Clip Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Ugh! at least the British dub is closer to the Japanese translations.
Don't know why you yanks can't understand the British dub. It comes with subtitles. Laughing
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Ugh! at least the British dub is closer to the Japanese translations.

Which is why I went ahead and bought the UK Blu-ray DVD. I can't stand the US dub, the translations are no where close to the original and Sho sounds way too old here. I hate that in the US dub they don't call the humans, the human beans. Even though that's what they call them in book. It's stupid. :/
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah, as usual, haters gonna hate.

Whatever. I'll be checking out both the US and British dubs myself, then I'll decide which to buy, and I'll respect the opinion of those who prefer one over the other. Funny concept, I know. Rolling Eyes
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm finding that the more U.S. dub promos I see, the more I lean towards preferring the U.K. dub. Not sure why Disney thought they had to make so many changes (new songs...translations...). I'll still see the U.S. version and will wait until after that before making a final decision as to which one to buy, though.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
eheheh if it becomes available to rent then I'll rent it to see how the US version turns out, if it turns out bad I'll be sure to find a UK dub version. I Still don't understand why the US version has to be re dubbed when apparently the UK dub is more accurate to the original script. oh wait it was to give some disney channel nobody's some work
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
I'm finding that the more U.S. dub promos I see, the more I lean towards preferring the U.K. dub. Not sure why Disney thought they had to make so many changes (new songs...translations...). I'll still see the U.S. version and will wait until after that before making a final decision as to which one to buy, though.
What? You mean they edited out Cécile Corbey's beautiful music as well? Now that is a bitter shame if that's true. I mean that was half the reason to see this movie. Bloody'ell. Rolling Eyes
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
I Still don't understand why the US version has to be re dubbed when apparently the UK dub is more accurate to the original script. oh wait it was to give some disney channel nobody's some work

They're not nobodies in America though. They're quite well-known.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1