Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Promotes Ken Sasaki to President & CEO


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hypeathon



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 1175
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Viz also said that, after the digital launches of Viz Anime, Viz Manga, and Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha, "Sasaki plans to unveil the next digital chapter for Viz Media this summer."

I'm not going to be surprised anymore if once Viz reveals their next Digital manga plans this summer and then launch them, fans will still rabidly complain over how it's not on the same day as in Japan or how it's not available worldwide. Don't mean to sound like a downer about this, I'm personally intrigued about this annoucement. But Viz just seems to get flack for just about anything these days (and people don't bother telling what are all the things Viz gets flack for. I've read them all a thousand times before, I don't need them repeated to my face for the thousand-and-oneth time).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skafreak51



Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 199
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
That last statement scares me. Just release my manga in graphic novel format the same that you've been doing for years on a regular basis without dropping any titles and giving digital manga special treatment and I'll be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kruszer



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 7883
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 am Reply with quote
A story about VIZ that doesn't include the rest of Monster on DVD means I don't care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
NJ_



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 2232
Location: Wallington, NJ
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote
And not a single f*** was given.

Kruszer wrote:
A story about VIZ that doesn't include the rest of Monster on DVD means I don't care.


This!

And the same goes for Tiger & Bunny which i'm sure will take 2 or 3 years to release on video. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsc315



Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
And not a single f*** was given.

Kruszer wrote:
A story about VIZ that doesn't include the rest of Monster on DVD means I don't care.


This!

And the same goes for Tiger & Bunny which i'm sure will take 2 or 3 years to release on video. Mad


wait you actually had hope that Viz was going to release anything other then manga in a timely manner? Just stop that positive thinking!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrXarnus



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
I couldn't care less about their digital offerings, as long as they print the GN's and don't do digital-only series I'm not gonna complain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuelp



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 2132
Location: San Antonio, USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
What's with people with three letter names and being CEOs of US anime companies?

Ken... Gen... Kun...

I sense a pattern here...

-Sam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nokishoff



Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I also have no intrest in their digital releases. Right now I just want Inuyasha TFA on DVD, the Bleach movies on DVD (at this point I like the movies more than the series), and the rest of Naruto Shippuden on DVD including the movies.

If no DVD and/or no dub then no money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baadaku12345



Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 179
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I still think going digital is the wrong move, as those who legally buy anime/manga do it so that they can own a tangible product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Surrender Artist



Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 3257
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
What's with people with three letter names and being CEOs of US anime companies?

Ken... Gen... Kun...

I sense a pattern here...

-Sam


Well that just means that they haven't finished their six-sigma training. If he get sigmas four through six he'll become Kendal or something. It's like how angels get wings for saving somebody, but terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wiesteria



Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 141
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
MrXarnus wrote:
I couldn't care less about their digital offerings, as long as they print the GN's and don't do digital-only series I'm not gonna complain.


This. I need to have physical copies of my volumes. I mean, I am completely in support of what Viz needs to do to reach out to more consumers, but I hope it never gets to the point where they stop doing printed books.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GhostShell



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1009
Location: Richmond, B.C., Canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Wiesteria wrote:
MrXarnus wrote:
I couldn't care less about their digital offerings, as long as they print the GN's and don't do digital-only series I'm not gonna complain.


This. I need to have physical copies of my volumes. I mean, I am completely in support of what Viz needs to do to reach out to more consumers, but I hope it never gets to the point where they stop doing printed books.


Agreed. As long as there is a physical version available, whether it pertains to books or anime, I'm happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnigmaticSky



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Posts: 748
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
I still think going digital is the wrong move, as those who legally buy anime/manga do it so that they can own a tangible product.


Pretty much my thoughts as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryan227



Joined: 03 Dec 2004
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Digitally what I'd like to see Viz do is release some of the series they've decided to drop like Reborn and Gintama. I'd buy Gintama digitally, that's for sure. I would like physical copies but if that's not possible it's not. I used to be totally against paying for digital manga but I have a tablet now and I really enjoy having manga on it and I don't mind paying for it as long as the quality is good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 716
Location: Michigan, United States
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
nokishoff wrote:
I also have no intrest in their digital releases. Right now I just want Inuyasha TFA on DVD, the Bleach movies on DVD (at this point I like the movies more than the series), and the rest of Naruto Shippuden on DVD including the movies.

If no DVD and/or no dub then no money.


Memories of Nobody is such a beautifully crafted film. One of my all-time favorite movies, it is.

baadaku12345 wrote:
I still think going digital is the wrong move, as those who legally buy anime/manga do it so that they can own a tangible product.


I own a collection of over six-hundred tankoban for the reason you described. I want the stories I love so much to stand the test of time the way I know they can; paper has been allowing people to do that for centuries, so how can I be so sure about virtual paper when the Internet's existed for only a few decades?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group