• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight: Spring 2012

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Uchi Kyodai looks like something along the lines of Moonlight Mile. It could be interesting but it's also the sort of thing that tends to get passed over by both streaming sites and fansubbers.

Maybe so, but look!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Petrea Mitchell wrote:
Looking at the full list now, I hadn't heard about Gakkatsu! before, but it looks kind of interesting. I suppose it's not likely to get a North American simulcast, though.

Per the official site, the episodes animated in Flash, and are 5 minutes in length. Given that it is on one of the NHK channels, however, a simulcast seems unlikely. (Has anything on NHK been simulcast before?)

NHK is Japan's PBS, so feel free to enjoy a fansub without any guilt.
xScar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
Petrea Mitchell wrote:
Looking at the full list now, I hadn't heard about Gakkatsu! before, but it looks kind of interesting. I suppose it's not likely to get a North American simulcast, though.

Per the official site, the episodes animated in Flash, and are 5 minutes in length. Given that it is on one of the NHK channels, however, a simulcast seems unlikely. (Has anything on NHK been simulcast before?)

NHK is Japan's PBS, so feel free to enjoy a fansub without any guilt.

Except that NHK itself really cracks down on fansubs, moreso than any other TV station...

Only two shows I can't think of have been simulcasted that I can think of off the top of my head -- Phi Brain and Giant Killing. In both cases, I don't think it was NHK themselves pushing the simulcasting either, but another company.

Edit: Geh, I didn't see that someone else answered this.
Evil Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
as for me only the Jump anime matters as always
Mendaka Box, Kuroko no Basuke, Naruto SD and Zetman
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
Maybe its because I just woke up but, that's alot of new shows.
Dakaran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Fate/Zero have my attention this spring!!! Smile

The gloomy girl in Dusk Maiden is so enthralling by her design. I wonder who has drawn her but the animation and character design so far seems superior to most things recently made. Smile Spring is good this year!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Dammit, this guide's feature on Zombie Deskcarr's second season made me interested in getting the manga....except Yen Press has rated it M, so I can't buy it (I'm 16).

God f*cking dammit.
buger98346

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Not trying to make waves here but zetmen, and accel world both aired April 1st, and accel world released episode 2 already and its still only April 3 so please tell the poorly informed writer who posted the spring line up of anime in anime spot light spring 2012 to either learn Japanese to get the company announced premiere or don't both posting premiere dates. By the way zetman episode 1 was awesome,
And accel world from first impression is a win or lose depending on the direction they take the story, they could follow the manga or go off and try strengthing the story so it's not a hit and miss fan series(50%like it 50%dont like it).
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Who else read the synopsis for Shiba Inoku-san and immediately thought of this?

I'm most excited about the new Lupin series, but Space Brothers and Jormungand also look interesting. Morbid curiousity (and 80's-tastic character designs) make me sorta want to se Nazo no Kanojo X.

Last edited by RapidEyeMovement on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
RapidEyeMovement wrote:
Who else read the synopsis for Shiba Inoku-san and immediately thought of this?

Spastic Minnow did in the Preview guide thread. I'm ashamed that I didn't. Bad nineties kid! BAD!

RapidEyeMovement wrote:
I'm most excited about the new Lupin series, but I love anything to do with the Space Race so Space Brothers also looks cool, and Jormungand has an interesting premise.

If you add Kids on the Slope and perhaps pull back a little on Space Brothers (now with 7 locations across the tri-state area!), I agree entirely.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
buger98346 wrote:
Not trying to make waves here but zetmen, and accel world both aired April 1st, and accel world released episode 2 already and its still only April 3 so please tell the poorly informed writer who posted the spring line up of anime in anime spot light spring 2012 to either learn Japanese to get the company announced premiere or don't both posting premiere dates. By the way zetman episode 1 was awesome.

the first two EPs of Accel World were pre-Air. Just like Fate Zero(S2)'s first two eps already showed. The different is nobody can pirate Fate Zero and put it online.
Son of Zion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Is it me or are the lineups getting worse and worse by the year, i can barely see two shows this spring that have anything new to bring to the table that we haven't seen ten times already Sad

Maybe i´m getting to old or something.. But if this continues anymore i´m gonna have go out and buy an old VCR player to at least have something chalenching to watch.
Blazaking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to Hyouka because:
  • It's KyoAni.
  • The VA cast is excellent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 19 of 19