• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Sentai Filmworks Licenses New Watanabe/Kanno Team Up "Kids On The Slope"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
With this announcement, Sentai cannot take my money fast enough. Sentai does an excellent job with their Blu-Ray releases and I am really happy that they were able to acquire this title.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, this is one of the shows I've been looking forward to the most from the current season (along with the new Lupin III series & Mysterious Girlfriend X) I can't wait to snatch this baby up on Blu-Ray down the road! Very Happy
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Well said, both of you first posters. I need not say anything. Looks like a prelude to a beautiful relationship (simulcast, then blu-ray). Ah, there is an anime God after all. Yesssssssssssss!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I would have been upset if they had not dubbed this.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I'll add my "yea" to the mix. Looking forward to the BD release (with English dub, please).
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
I'll add my "yea" to the mix. Looking forward to the BD release (with English dub, please).
all of their blu-rays are dual audio, and most their dvd only releases are subbed only
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
OMG, English dub, yay! Day 1 purchase. First acquisition from Sentai that I can actually state that. And what an acquisition! Yay! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
It was just a matter of time.

Quote:
...as the acclaimed team behind COWBOY BEBOP reunites for a tale of life, love and all that jazz...

Pretty much sells itself. Hell, I haven't gotten a chance to watch Kids on the Slope yet (Kind of committed to a Scrapped Princess marathon at the moment) and I damned near want to preorder it.

I hope that they give the English dub the care that it deserves, which could be quite challenging. Dubbing Watanabe works into English has something of an auspicious history.

Pretty much... don't let Stephen Foster near it. He's done some good work, yes, but he isn't consistent and hasn't been very reliable lately. I'm just saying that if they let this go all Guin Saga, well, somebody's gonna get cut.

(I won't lie, even though it isn't likely, practical or entirely rational, I totally want them to get Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn to direct the English dub with at least cameo parts for as much of the Cowboy Bebop cast as can be fit)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

Quote:
...as the acclaimed team behind COWBOY BEBOP reunites for a tale of life, love and all that jazz...

Pretty much sells itself. Hell, I haven't gotten a chance to watch Kids on the Slope yet (Kind of committed to a Scrapped Princess marathon at the moment) and I damned near want to preorder it.

I hope that they give the English dub the care that it deserves, which could be quite challenging. Dubbing Watanabe works into English has something of an auspicious history.

Pretty much... don't let Stephen Foster near it. He's done some good work, yes, but he isn't consistent and hasn't been very reliable lately. I'm just saying that if they let this go all Guin Saga, well, somebody's gonna get cut.

(I won't lie, even though it isn't likely, practical or entirely rational, I totally want them to get Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn to direct the English dub with at least cameo parts for as much of the Cowboy Bebop cast as can be fit)

the first episode was good, but the show is laid back in terms of it's pacing it seems. if they give it to stephen foster I will be very worried. I watched the dub for angel beats and the first episodes was horrible they added about 4 swear words a minute when nothing was really going on except explanations. and mass swearing like he loves to do would kill a dub for this series
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

Quote:

the first episode was good, but the show is laid back in terms of it's pacing it seems. if they give it to stephen foster I will be very worried. I watched the dub for angel beats and the first episodes was horrible they added about 4 swear words a minute when nothing was really going on except explanations. and mass swearing like he loves to do would kill a dub for this series

You should hear the Highschool of the Dead dub. It is so amazingly terrible, full of bad acting and random swear words.

I'm looking forward to seeing this as soon as it's released, and yeah, it would be cool if they added cameo's from the Bebop cast for the english version. Maybe Sentai will actually do a collector's edition for something that is this high-profile.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:

You should hear the Highschool of the Dead dub. It is so amazingly terrible, full of bad acting and random swear words.

The dub for HSOTD is not that bad, at least I did not think so.

Anyways, back on topic I am looking forward to buying this show. Hopefully it turns out really good and I can guarantee that it will be in my collection once it is out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1