• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kuroko's Basketball Episodes 1-7 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
It's funny. The show is both intriguingly innovative and annoyingly asinine.

I really, really like Kuroko and how cleverly he has been designed. He is not the leader or ace, but he transforms any group of guys into a respectable team. He is not the hero, but is the one people pin their hopes and dreams on. His powers are useless by themselves and kind of wimpy, yet they make him the most important guy on the court. He doesn't score, but he is critical to getting points on the scoreboard. He is an everyman, yet is also a demon on the court. He doesn't outwardly get fired up or lose his temper, but instead focuses his emotions into his game-play. He is a habitual loner, but can only win by helping others. He hates the game, yet loves it at the same time. He is different from pretty much every lead in every Sports and Shounen show ever, while still fulfilling the same sort of roles.

I just wish the show would drop the power levels and the absurd super abilities and just focus on Kuroko and Kagami.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

I really, really like Kuroko and how cleverly he has been designed. He is not the leader or ace, but he transforms any group of guys into a respectable team. He is not the hero, but is the one people pin their hopes and dreams on. His powers are useless by themselves and kind of wimpy, yet they make him the most important guy on the court. He doesn't score, but he is critical to getting points on the scoreboard.

Playmaker, his job is to make those around him better. Laughing

dtm42 wrote:

I just wish the show would drop the power levels and the absurd super abilities and just focus on Kuroko and Kagami.

Hate the playa, not the game! Laughing
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote
One of previewers jokingly wrote that the only intriguing thing in such cliche show could be romantic relationships between protagonists. Did they go there? Because this certainly never happened in that kind of anime. Wink)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
One of previewers jokingly wrote that the only intriguing thing in such cliche show could be romantic relationships between protagonists. Did they go there? Because this certainly never happened in that kind of anime. Wink

Not officially, but my fujoshi friends love this show like crazy. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
harrellj

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:
One of previewers jokingly wrote that the only intriguing thing in such cliche show could be romantic relationships between protagonists. Did they go there? Because this certainly never happened in that kind of anime. Wink

The fact that there's that eyecatch at the end where some the creators seems to be focusing on that group certainly helps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
harrellj wrote:
The fact that there's that eyecatch at the end where some the creators seems to be focusing on that group certainly helps.

Top-Insight has started selling the kit that bundles with the autograph session of the two Onos (Kensho and Yuuki) just 90 minutes ago, and now their web server is offline due to overcrowding traffic. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Just like anything with lots of girls attracting the guys, if it's a handsome sausage-fest or overflowing with bishies, then you can expect to draw the fujoshi in Very Happy Makes sense, but kinda the opposite of western expectations
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1