• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiss×sis Manga Gets 9th Original Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I like the way Kiss x Sis is selling its material. Keeps the manga selling while simultaneously receiving an anime adaptation on an ongoing basis. It also allows for proper spacing of material as well as more faithful adaptations.
Maybe other titles should start learning from this rather than forcing a full 13 episode adaptation in one go.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Better the OVAs than nothing, but it's a long wait between each one, just like Seitokai Yakuindomo. Personally I'd rather have them collected together to form a TV show or at least released in sets rather one short episode at a time. Manga readers may find it more satisfying too since a collected set may be useful as a refresher than having recent chapters animated as they come.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Better the OVAs than nothing, but it's a long wait between each one, just like Seitokai Yakuindomo. Personally I'd rather have them collected together to form a TV show or at least released in sets rather one short episode at a time. Manga readers may find it more satisfying too since a collected set may be useful as a refresher than having recent chapters animated as they come.

Yeah, I agree with this. Its tough to tell any kind of real story if theres such a break inbetween them since you'll forget the details... I'd much rather have 13 episodes all in a 3 month period as well. Because of the format they've gone with, I've kinda just lost interest in keeping up with them.
Space Butler XIII

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote
I bet Zac has already pre-ordered 5 copies

He's planning to give three of them away as Christmas gifts to family members
anime10121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:04 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
configspace wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this. Its tough to tell any kind of real story if theres such a break inbetween them since you'll forget the details... I'd much rather have 13 episodes all in a 3 month period as well. Because of the format they've gone with, I've kinda just lost interest in keeping up with them.

You guys do know that they already have a 13 part anime series also right?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
Story? read the manga, its attached! Now enjoy these step siblings getting each other off. It's animated and has sound- can't get that from the manga.

There are nine of them. I think their strategy is working out fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Story? read the manga, its attached! Now enjoy these step siblings getting each other off. It's animated and has sound- can't get that from the manga.

actually this would be the 10th ova so far it's up to epiosde 0-7 ova now it's getting another ova.. hell it's covered another season alone in just that time span.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

actually this would be the 10th ova so fare it's up to epiosde 0-7 ova now it's getting another ova.. hell it's covered another season alone in just that time span.

Yeah, that makes 9, not 10.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1