• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2012 anime list.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Might be too soon for this but just incase

What i'm watching:

Magi - Love the manga so hell yes

Robotics notes - Since i liked C;H and i loved S;G i have high hopes for this. Hopefully aniplex/production IG does a good job.

Jormungand 2 - Liked season 1 quite a bit so i'll watch S2

Little busters - I'm keeping my expectations low for this one since JC is doing it so hopefully they dont f-it up

Jojo - Heard a lot of good things about the manga(s) so hopefully whoever does it makes it a good adaption

kyousugiga 2 - The ova was a whole bunch of WTF but highly enjoyable.

K - Promos look great...not much else to say Laughing
Code breaker: Liked the first chapter of the manga so i'll watch this

Zetsuen no tempest - Yeah...the manga is s*it but hopefully aniplex/bones makes it better then the atrocious manga

Tonari - Staff looks surprisingly good so i'll give this a couple episodes.

sukitte - Heard a lot of good things about the manga but zexcs being the studio makes me wary

Hayate 3 - Keeping my expectations very low for this since its just going to be a filler story.
So what shows will you be watching?
update: series not on chart:
BTOOOM!!
Lychee DE Hikari Club
Aikatsu!
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Teekyu!

Last edited by opn on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
yeah, they always do this now, the next new chart is out when the previous season is just starting.

I'll save a post here in case I want to put any info like I've done for the previous "preview and anticipation" threads I've started the last couple years but I've prettyy much decided to stop doing those season threads now that the Stream and Series index takes care of everything I opened them for other than this preview thread.

Squidoo's Fall 2012 Season Preview

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
At the very least, there's more getting my attention here compared to the current season. A look at what has my attention right now:

-Bakuman 3 and Jormungand 2- Definitely on my list to watch for this season considering I've been hooked on the earlier seasons of both titles.
-Robotic;Notes- I hear this one is supposed to be more ligh-hearted compared to the earlier 5pb and Nitro+ anime adaptations made thus far. But considering I've enjoyed Chaos;Head and Stein's Gate, I'll give this one a try.
-Magi- Re-imagining of different literary sources in anime is nothing new. But I'll give this a shot to see how it spins Arabian tales of Aladdin and the Forty Thieves.
-Psycho-Pass- It's in the Noitamina block, so it's definitely worth at least checking out. Judging from the brief trailer I seen of it, the anime seems geared to be some sort of gun-action title.
-Code:Breaker- Premise has my interest despite it looking to be some kind of setup for a rom-com. I'll give it a try nonetheless.
-Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!- Appears to be another anime set to satirize a type of pandemic phenomenon among Japanese society. Will give it a peek to see where it will go.
-Sukitte Ii na Yo- Been a while since I seen a shoujo romance title for an anime among a new season roster. Will give it a look.
-K- The well-animated trailer I seen of this anime's gotten my attention on it. Definitely plan to keep tabs on it.
-Zetseuen no Tempest- Premise looks like it will be setting up a dark action type of title. As long as it doesn't follow in the vain of anything like Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki that care too much for style and not balancing in enough substance, then I might be glued on this one.
-Hayate no Gotoku!- I've been a sap for the first two TV seasons thus far. So even if this is an anime-only storyline, definitely plan to check this out in the fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Definitely checking out:

Bakuman 3 - Love the manga and the first 2 seasons. Here's hoping it remains as good. I wonder if this will be the last season?

Code: Breaker - I've enjoyed the first 2 volumes of the manga. Hopefully the anime will encourage Kodansha to start releasing it again.

Sukitte ii na yo and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - There's precious little shojo anime made, so I'll definitely be checking these out.

I'll probably end up checking out the noitanimA shows as well.

For everything else, I'll see what the preview guides say. I'll probably also end up watching Hiiro no Kakera, despite hating the first season, because I'm slightly masochistic like that... Trainwreck ahoy. :/
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
So far, only Girls Und Panzer and Kyousougiga 2 have caught my attention. The former because I liked Upotte!, the latter because I loved the frenetic zaniness of the first episode(but of course).
Arkov

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping Robotics;Notes won't dissapoint. I loved Steins;Gate, but I despised Chaos;Head.

Code: Breaker looks interesting, though whether or not it's good will probably depend on how annoying the female lead is to me.
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Oooh ...lots of stuff this Fall I'm interested in - Robotics;Notes (hopefully I can buy and beat the game before this airs), Busou Shinki, new JoJo's, Chuunibyou, Onii-Chan Dakedo, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo, K and Little Busters.

Summer just began and I'm already looking forward to the Fall season.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Excellent Prospects:

None. Better luck next season.

Good Prospects:

Zetsuen no Tempest - Another BONES anime from the director of Sword of the Stanger? Sounds good to me. I'd probably have more confidence if it were an original story and not an adaptation but still.

Psycho-Pass - This season's requisite "noitaminA show we know nothing about". It's generally safe to assume such a show will be at least a good prospect until shown evidence to the contrary.

Decent Prospects:

Robotics;Notes - Not sure what to think about this. Steins;Gate had some really really great stuff in it but was ultimately seriously marred by it's otaku pandering. I'd like to think that being a notimainA show (and being Production IG) might help limit this but I'm not counting on it. Either way, I hope this'll at least be worth watching.

Long Shots:

Code:Breaker sounds like it will probably be a fairly boring shounen series albeit with a slightly darker edge maybe. The staff don't impress me either.

Magi. I don't really know enough about this project to say much but it at least looks nice visually and contains none of the red flags that make me write a project off.

So overall, not the worst season but not a particularly good one.

Other thoughts:

Girls und Panzer. There was a day in anime when this premise would have been awesome but it is not this day.

Chuunibyou. Whelp...this gets my vote for most incomprehensible synopsis.

Dear Japan: Please stop putting arbitrary, inappropriate punctuation marks in the middle of your titles. Thanks.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
What I will most likely be watching (in no order of priority):

- Robotics; Notes
- Psycho-Pass
- Zetsuen no Tempest
- Little Busters!
- Jormungand 2
- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
- Sukitte Ii na yo
- "K"
- Busou Shinki (maybe?)
- Kyousogiga 2???
- To-love ru Darkness
- New Hayate the Combat Butler

Mm, looks better than the summer season lineup so far.

Last edited by Stark700 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Psycho-Pass and Magi both look like potential bets. There might be others, but as normal most can be filtered out.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
After looking at the list here is what I am interested in seeing

Psycho-Pass
Busuo Shinki
Haitai Nanafa
Code:Breaker
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Girls und Panzer
Onii-chan Dakeko Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne-
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Zetsuen no Tempest
Little Busters!

So that is about 12 shows that I have an interest in.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to JoJo & Magi myself. May check out K as well, dunno.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
The only thing that looks interesting to me right now is Magi. Still, there are several shows in the current list that don't have enough info for me to tell if I'm going to be interested...

Edit: On second thought, now that Moetron's chart has the promo art from it, it looks like the sort of thing I should avoid.

Last edited by Petrea Mitchell on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otishio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, honestly this doesn't look so bad. I'm hoping that there'll be Blood Lad in this season and it doesn't seem that unlikely.

So far, I want to watch
Magi
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass
Busou-Shinki
Jormungand season 2(Might not watch this one. Didn't really care for the first season)
Code:Breaker
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Bakuman. season 3 (Highest priority)
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Onii-chan Dakeko Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Sukitte li na yo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
K
Zetsuen no Tempest
and Little Busters!

I might not end up watching all of them but they seem pretty interesting right now.

Last edited by Otishio on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
naninanino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I will watch is JoJo's. I hope it gets a decent budget and not end up looking being just a game promotional anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4