• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 - Kodansha Comics panel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Er, wow. Kodansha's releasing Danza... I'm sorry, but why? <_>

(And for the record, the aforementioned book will be released in December, not "November", regardless of whether the panel directly said so.)

Last edited by Tenbyakugon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Where the hell are the other title rescues from Del Rey? I want Moyashimon re-printed already!!
kill-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
ow, come on. where's my Ghost Hunt ?!
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
I think Kodansha is trying to keep is slow in the license rescues from Del Ray, only keeping the titles they think can make them money and are worth the effort to recontinue the series.
zeonozero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote
I wish that Kodansha would release more non-manga related Sailor Moon stuff, I want my collection to have some more spice. Oh man I wish that Kodansha would pick up more Del Rey titles as well
macloud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The presentation continued with the "second season" of Genshiken, the manga currently in re-release by Kodansha after initially being published by Middaugh's old outfit, Del Rey. The "second season" will begin release on September 4th.

I saw this as happening when Kodansha announced the omnibus edition of the first series - bot none the less good to see it scoming over none the less - now if only theyd get Moyashimon back on the shelves again.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
macloud wrote:
Quote:
The presentation continued with the "second season" of Genshiken, the manga currently in re-release by Kodansha after initially being published by Middaugh's old outfit, Del Rey. The "second season" will begin release on September 4th.

I saw this as happening when Kodansha announced the omnibus edition of the first series - bot none the less good to see it scoming over none the less - now if only theyd get Moyashimon back on the shelves again.

had yourself a lil "none the less" saadwich there lol. Genshiken series 2 has been listed on amazon for a while now, i just wish we'd have gotten an answer to some of the del rey reprints as i would love to see more mushishi printed like they are doing with parasyte and fairy tail and they could do with finishing off suzuka. Also id like to see pumpkin scissors re established and continued.

I gripe about things i want em to do but I've been very happy with their work so far, most of my gripes stem from the chaos they've created be establishing themselves and im just hoping they can fix the damage over the years.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
I wish Kodanasha would rescue Nodame, but seeing as it was a poor seller I probably don't have much hope.

I was also hoping for a Chihayafuru license because I believe Kodanasha is the publisher of that...at least they released the bilingual editions.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
I think Kodansha is trying to keep is slow in the license rescues from Del Ray, only keeping the titles they think can make them money and are worth the effort to recontinue the series.

Well it 's kinda hard to pay for something when there are very few scanlations of the title itself to keep me interested (Moyashimon)!!

Edit to add: Howabout a Initial D re-release, huh? It's been what, several years since Kodansha yanked it from TOKYOPOP and Stu Levy's "translations."
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
All three series I'm currently reading (Mardock Scramble, Bloody Monday, and Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex) are being put out by Kodansha and I've been pretty happy with the quality of the prints. Looking forward to the remainder of the individual series, plus the omnibus release of Battle Angel Alita next year.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
Where's my Nodame? Even if you give me omnibuses, I don't care as long as I get the rest of the series in print form. Surely Sailor Moon is making enough money to make that viable...
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
Kodansha hs really been catching my interest. I've enjoyed Mardock Scramble and I'm pretty curious about Attack on Titan, although I'm resisting buying that until opinion on it shakes out a little more.

I'm very happy that they plan to release the original Battle Angel Alita. I have wanted to read it since I read Jason Thompson's House of 1,000 Manga article about it, but I balked at trying to scrounge a complete set of either of the Viz releases together. The convenience of the omnibus format and new stories from the author makes my having been compelled to wait all the better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
by extra stories i wonder if they mean something like ashen victor

i'll keep an eye on it but I've had the full set of the original Battle angel for a long time now, it was some of the first manga i ever bought
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Where the hell are the other title rescues from Del Rey? I want Moyashimon re-printed already!!

That and I want my dang vol.3 of Zaregoto.

But I'm glad to hear that Battle Angel (which used to be a Viz title) will be in omnibus. ^__^
la_contessa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
Were there any specific mentions of School Rumble? I've been waiting for a long time now to finish it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2