• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Film Z's 2nd Teaser Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Another movie we won't get! Toei... bite me!
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Holy... I just... This is... It's so epic!
Dear god I wish they would sell these One Piece movies in America.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, the guy dosn't seem anywhere near as pathetic as we thought, and this trailer was friggin awesome!

Hearing Funi is trying to get the movie rights is great news, but what'll be even greater news is that they have their U.S. releases caught up to thriller bark since once they have brook, they can do a LOT more.
kyubeysfavmagicalgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Well, the guy dosn't seem anywhere near as pathetic as we thought, and this trailer was friggin awesome!

Hearing Funi is trying to get the movie rights is great news, but what'll be even greater news is that they have their U.S. releases caught up to thriller bark since once they have brook, they can do a LOT more.

Where did you heat they are trying to get the rights to this movie! I really hope they get it! Do you have a link??
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
kyubeysfavmagicalgirl wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Where did you heat they are trying to get the rights to this movie! I really hope they get it! Do you have a link??

I'm sorry I wasn't exactly clear when I wrote that, but I was refering to the earlier movies, I think they mentioned that in a podcast once but that depends on how well season 4 does I think
happymoose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
snip

Last edited by happymoose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chipp12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Well... at least I can watch it for the new costumes ^^;
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
Interesting One Piece Ball Z! Smile
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Interesting One Piece Ball Z! Smile

I thought the same thing! Anime hyper

Well, the animation looks cool and the inking-like design of the characters is awesome... and I'm liking the main characters' outfits too, so far, so I can see it for the design/animation part, at least (Luffy's outfit looks quite futuristic, like a mix between the "regular" OP outfits and something from Gurren Lagann or other sci-fi anime, lol).
If it will have a decent plot (for and extra, AT side-story at least) as Strong World did, too, then it will be even better!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
the movie is good it'll help relieave some stress from the 2012 thing for those who can watch it, but im wondering why O.P. isn;t being dubbed as much as bleach or one piece when it has 1. more movies under its belt, and 2 and more episodes as well. it seems like a waste.
Zopyros

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote
I LOVED the trailer. I really cannot wait for it to be subbed. I doubt any dub company is gong to get this anytime soon. Funimation's been trying to get some of the movies (supposely) but it's taking a heck of a long time.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Even though this is the "strongest enemy yet," something tells me that I should still bet on Luffy.

( I haven't been following One Piece for a few hundred episodes . . is he still considered an underdog? :P )
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Cheesemon wrote:
Even though this is the "strongest enemy yet," something tells me that I should still bet on Luffy.

( I haven't been following One Piece for a few hundred episodes . . is he still considered an underdog? Razz )

If it is an anime movie based on an ongoing (or not) shonen where the heroes need to win to have more adventures, it is a safe bet the heroes will win though Luffy has taken quite major losses in the source manga and anime where he and the gang couldn't beat most - any of the foes, aim to escape or reach an objective and fail completely.

Luffy at this point in the movie being an underdog? I'm not sure, it is set somewhat after where we are in the manga/anime... I guess Luffy is if you think about other crews or factions have more impressive abilities or more experience especially if you assume the second part (which has just started) aims to surprise us like the Grand Line did.

People actually see Luffy as either a threat (not out of just being a pirate but what he has done and survived) or a powerful ally pretty consistently reflecting his fame and he has had imitations when he went on hiatus. So he kinda is an underdog if you look far ahead but definitely earned awareness.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Cheesemon wrote:

( I haven't been following One Piece for a few hundred episodes . . is he still considered an underdog? Razz )

Underdog? You are confusing Luffy with Naruto, maybe. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1