• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Video Group to Release Digimon Adventure Season 1 on DVD

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
/inb4 people start bitching about the lack of the Japanese audio, despite the fact that the majority of people who would buy this grew up with and associate this show with the English dub.

Also, at RightStuf's price of $59.99 for all 54 episodes PLUS a booklet, that's an absolute STEAL.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
When you say "release", have you confirmed that NVG themselves are the licensee rather than just a distributor?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Im going to wait until we find out what masters their using because if their anything like the madman masters its going to be crap.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
This is AWESOME.
Hiro94

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Old news new heard about this 3 days ago.But still exited:)
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
/inb4 people start bitching about the lack of the Japanese audio, despite the fact that the majority of people who would buy this grew up with and associate this show with the English dub.

Maybe. But a lot of those people then turned to enjoy Japanese dubs years later (with English subs or without). If anything, I'd like both... but hey. License/distribution is not always as simple as "We want, we get."

I enjoy the English version for what it is, though I seriously find the Japanese to have the better atmosphere. The English dub wasn't bad, but there were too many jokes for my taste that I laughed at as a kid... and cringe at now. And I swear... the characters became iconic, but stereotypical and flat in the English dub, even if they were fun to watch back then because I didn't understand the subtle social personalities they were grouped in.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Had mine Pre-ordered from day one. Can't wait for October! Ahh Digimon, how i've missed you!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The set will include only the English language audio track, and will retail for US$79.95.

I figured as much. I was kind of hoping Discotek would re-release it. Oh well. It's certainly better than nothing. I'll ask my parents to get me this for Christmas! Very Happy
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Here's to hoping Tamers will get brought out too! Smile
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
The most exciting part about this is that it's being released in one set, so we won't get screwed over by only getting half the series like Data Squad. Can't wait!
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I am currently flipping out fangirl style.

OH MAN I NEED THIS! OMG can they get Adventure 2 as well?? I LOVE Adventure 2! <3

Also Tamers!! Can we get Tamers????

....I stopped paying attention after that series, but OH MAN I don't even care if there's no Japanese track! This is AWESOME!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Maybe. But a lot of those people then turned to enjoy Japanese dubs years later (with English subs or without). If anything, I'd like both... but hey. License/distribution is not always as simple as "We want, we get."

Don't forget all the terrible forced Taichi/Sora hints. Always annoying when you get a shipper in charge of writing the dub. Trying to make this whole Taichi/Sora/Yamato triangle that didn't exist in the original version. Did it to Pocket Monsters as well with Satoshi/Kasumi. Leave the shipping at home, guys, seriously.

But yeah, the dub isn't the same show as the original anymore with all they changed. Can't support companies who think this is acceptable behavior for a show. The main reason I'm glad Xros Wars never made it to America to be hacked up. Shame it happened to Savers, though.
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad this has been confirmed. Going to pre-order it now.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
and here i was worrying only i liked tamers, this news is great and all there is no denying that hopefully, we get a re release of tamers aswell.
Magna_Lilly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Already had it preordered :p
As much as I would LOVE Japanese subs, I am content to watch it in dub only, as long as I can see it again. Hopefully the rest of the seasons will be released down the road, I would love to have 02 and Tamers. Since those two are available on Hulu with subs, would it be more possible that DVDs would have subs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10