• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Udon Ent. to Release Valkyria Chronicles 3 Artbook

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
still waiting on a new ps3 game

now the art book looks mighty fine.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
... bringing over the art-book for game that will never get released okay then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkonezero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
... bringing over the art-book for game that will never get released okay then?

That's still better than not having an translated artbook for a game that wasn't translated.
victor viper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see that Udon's releases are doing well. When Tokyopop went under, I was afraid that we'd see no more translated artbooks stateside.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Valkyria Chronicles: has there ever been a more inept handling of an IP than what Sega has shown with VC? I think not. First they refuse to create trophies for the PS3 release of VC1. Then they decide to make VC2 for the PSP and shun the PS3 from all future releases. It's pretty annoying and sad, IMO.

I doubt VC will ever come back to the PS3, so I guess the first game is all I'll ever have of the IP. Such a shame. Sega has left a lot of money on the table with this one.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Ah, Valkyria Chronicles: has there ever been a more inept handling of an IP than what Sega has shown with VC? I think not. First they refuse to create trophies for the PS3 release of VC1. Then they decide to make VC2 for the PSP and shun the PS3 from all future releases. It's pretty annoying and sad, IMO.

I doubt VC will ever come back to the PS3, so I guess the first game is all I'll ever have of the IP. Such a shame. Sega has left a lot of money on the table with this one.
hehe you really think this is the most inept handling of an ip? You don't know what inept means.

When the game came out trophies weren't a thing. How many other games got trophy patches after the fact? What 2? Yeah, what makes you think a company is going to back and waste it's time doing such a thing. And how does this small irrelevant thing equal inept handling?

And of course they decide to make VC2 for the PSP. VC wasn't some big hit anywhere. Not here and not really in Japan. Add the fact that it wasn't a cheap game either and you should be thankful the franchisee has even had more then 1 installment. A far cheaper installment on a system that is more popular in your main target country. Yep, I'm not seeing how it was inept to release it on the PSP. Sure it wasn't a good game, but the choice made sense as a way to continue the series. And it did pretty well on the PSP, so why would'nt you release the 3rd one there. They only real shame is that the 3rd wasnt released here, but given PSPs state outside of Japan is sadly makes sense as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
darkonezero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

hehe you really think this is the most inept handling of an ip? You don't know what inept means.

When the game came out trophies weren't a thing. How many other games got trophy patches after the fact? What 2? Yeah, what makes you think a company is going to back and waste it's time doing such a thing. And how does this small irrelevant thing equal inept handling?

And of course they decide to make VC2 for the PSP. VC wasn't some big hit anywhere. Not here and not really in Japan. Add the fact that it wasn't a cheap game either and you should be thankful the franchisee has even had more then 1 installment. A far cheaper installment on a system that is more popular in your main target country. Yep, I'm not seeing how it was inept to release it on the PSP. Sure it wasn't a good game, but the choice made sense as a way to continue the series. And it did pretty well on the PSP, so why would'nt you release the 3rd one there. They only real shame is that the 3rd wasnt released here, but given PSPs state outside of Japan is sadly makes sense as well.

An example of a company actually adding trophy support after a while would be MGS4, which only recently received trophies. Though this is still pretty unique.
Ties

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
Got the book pre-ordered since August 27th Smile

Those preview pages... *drool*
But seriously, no more growth for you Selvaria. It looks like the Empire is testing boob missile technology on the poor girl.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
Definitely pre-ordering this. So Selvaria is still around? I thought she was done with the first series. I have yet to check on the 2nd and the 3rd is almost here. I have both artbooks already.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Definitely pre-ordering this. So Selvaria is still around? I thought she was done with the first series. I have yet to check on the 2nd and the 3rd is almost here. I have both artbooks already.

3 is a side-story that takes place during VC1
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I would prefer if they made more ps3 games personally. Also, why bring an art book for a game not released here o.o
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

3 is a side-story that takes place during VC1

Oh ok. Thanks for the info.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1