• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Updated Psycho-Pass Promo Confirms More of Voice Cast (Updated)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Well I am pretty hyped for this since the involvement of Gen Urobuchi was officially confirmed and there were some pretty good images released yesterday.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Well I am pretty hyped for this since the involvement of Gen Urobuchi was officially confirmed and there were some pretty good images released yesterday.

He's not writing the story sadly, according to Crunchy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/09/06-1/psycho-pass-character-and-voice-cast-preview

"Madoka Magica's Gen Urobuchi gets screenplay credits."

Only the Screenplay... I'm not really sure how vital of a role that is compared to being the writer.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/09/06-1/psycho-pass-character-and-voice-cast-preview

Only the Screenplay... I'm not really sure how vital of a role that is compared to being the writer.

Despite what Crunchyroll News asserts, Gen Urobuchi's role, if any, has not been confirmed yet.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

All we know for sure at this point is that Urobuchi is working on one of the October series and a Winter season series, but nothing has come out as to which one.

Quote:
Q: Urobuchi is very busy with the Fate/ZeroMadoka Magica movies and your Toei project Exiled From Paradise. Do you have any plans to go back to writing novels after these finish up?

Urobuchi: Well, the release date for Exiled from Paradise hasn't been decided yet and I'm working on two more TV projects. One will be released in October and the other in January.

animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2012/sakura-con/14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

...I really hope he doesn't touch this, I hated Magica Madoka.

I'm only going to watch this because of Akira Amano's designs.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Last time I checked writing the screenplay is the same thing as being the writer.
totoum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
All we know for sure at this point is that Urobuchi is working on one of the October series and a Winter season series, but nothing has come out as to which one.

This is the only fall tv show where the writer hasn't been announced yet,also Urobuchi's been retweeting psycho-pass info on his twitter account.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I thought this https://twitter.com/the4_ch/status/241908494649925633 cofirmed it.
Quote:

Screenplay is the the script meaning he will be writing this.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:

I thought this https://twitter.com/the4_ch/status/241908494649925633 cofirmed it.
Quote:

Screenplay is the the script meaning he will be writing this.

From what I can tell, it's a fan-based source claiming an issue released next month contains an interview with Urobuchi and his reveal as screenwriter for the series. However, the issue is not listed in the link so there is no way to confirm it at this point until the magazine is released in October.

That said, I'm of the opinion that he is likely the screenwriter as all the circumstantial evidence points to it (the interview, all other writers confirmed for Fall) but speculation, no matter how probable, is not equivalent to confirmation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

From what I can tell, it's a fan-based source claiming an issue released next month contains an interview with Urobuchi and his reveal as screenwriter for the series. However, the issue is not listed in the link so there is no way to confirm it at this point until the magazine is released in October.

That said, I'm of the opinion that he is likely the screenwriter as all the circumstantial evidence points to it (the interview, all other writers confirmed for Fall) but speculation, no matter how probable, is not equivalent to confirmation.

Damn it all!I thought this was legitimate source,those fellows on the internet sure like to abuse the fact that I dont know Japanese language.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
So I'm guessing that there will be a time when the Dominator seems to be faulty, where someone who is "innocent" is shot or someone who is guilty cannot be shot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Since gen was credited as the mastermind behind psycho pass i imagine he made the concept and is writing the series. And im betting psycho pass is 2 cours since by now we would of found out the winter noitamina anime. As for the cast it looks great. Akira ishida is my favorite seiyuu so i am quite pleased he's in it.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Since gen was credited as the mastermind behind psycho pass i imagine he made the concept and is writing the series. And im betting psycho pass is 2 cours since by now we would of found out the winter noitamina anime. As for the cast it looks great. Akira ishida is my favorite seiyuu so i am quite pleased he's in it.

Gen Urobuchi has not been confirmed as credited as the "mastermind" behind Psycho-Pass. That is a misinterpretation of an unverified fan report of an upcoming magazine's contents.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
opn wrote:

Gen Urobuchi has not been confirmed as credited as the "mastermind" behind Psycho-Pass. That is a misinterpretation of an unverified fan report of an upcoming magazine's contents.

Regardless if he's been confirmed or not, he said he's doing a Fall anime and its the only anime left without a writer. 1+1 = 2, basically.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

When the user points the gun at a suspect, he/she is able to instantly measure the "crime factor" of the individual.

Judge Dredd: How do you plead?

Herman Ferguson: Not guilty?

Judge Dredd: I knew you'd say that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2