• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Lizzie Newton: Victorian Mysteries GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
I bought this after it was on right turn only, and I have been rather happy with it. this is an excellent review of the series first volume. I didn't notice the inconsitences but I did notice and was disapointed with the lack of being able to figure out the crime myself. A-
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Funny enough Seven Seas has it up online, free to view and they've been updating with a few pages a week for the past few months. Sounds like the print version goes past what the internet one does but if anyone wants to check it out....
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
I bought this after the RTO review and really enjoyed it. I love the Victorian era and mystery stories, so perfect for me. I just wish the volumes would come out faster.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I think the reviewer is right to say that someone at Seven Seas likes mysteries set in Victorian London. This is the third one this company's picked up,not that I'm saying it's bad. So far,all three seem to be pretty good. Let see if Seven Seas continues it's winning streak.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I think the reviewer is right to say that someone at Seven Seas likes mysteries set in Victorian London. This is the third one this company's picked up,not that I'm saying it's bad. So far,all three seem to be pretty good. Let see if Seven Seas continues it's winning streak.

I know of Young Miss Holmes, but what's the third one, and why have I not bought all the availale volumes of it already?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:

I know of Young Miss Holmes, but what's the third one, and why have I not bought all the availale volumes of it already?

Jack the Ripper: Hell Blade Laughing . It's more horror/suspense than the sort of intellectual mystery of the other two, but, you know, same time frame, same country, same unexplained deaths...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1