• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vertical Inc. [2012-10-13]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote
I really hope they can get the essays from Hideaki Anno and CLAMP for The Origin.

That would be awesome!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
Still no Guin Saga? That is sad.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

They dropped the novels. They said they did really awful in sales. They said they went to bring the series back with the hardcover, but thye wasted money by doing that.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

They dropped the novels. They said they did really awful in sales. They said they went to bring the series back with the hardcover, but thye wasted money by doing that.
I guess I was the only one what bought the complete first arc, and the manga that went with it. Rolling Eyes
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

I guess I was the only one what bought the complete first arc, and the manga that went with it. Rolling Eyes

Well, I honestly wouldn't expected them to finish it. The novel series is 130 volumes long and the writer, she died before finishing it. They dropped a lot a novels and they canceled a lot of novels...I was looking forward to Vamp. They saw how the novels weren't selling, so it just wasn't Guin Saga that got canceled.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:03 am Reply with quote
Wolfsmund is a must buy for me, and i want knights of sidonia too. I think vertical is gunnin for a large stake of my shelf space.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Nice to hear Flowers of Evil is being adapted next year.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

Well, I honestly wouldn't expected them to finish it. The novel series is 130 volumes long and the writer, she died before finishing it. They dropped a lot a novels and they canceled a lot of novels...I was looking forward to Vamp. They saw how the novels weren't selling, so it just wasn't Guin Saga that got canceled.

No, it was wrapped up posthumously with the last few volumes of the 130, according to her last wishes.
Genet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
2013 looks like it's gonna be a really great year. Lots of good titles (assuming Twin Knight and Helter Skelter are going to be released in 2013, that is) and quite a few from Vertical that I'm really interested in (Utsubora, Knights of Sidonia, besides the previous two)

It's nice to hear that Flowers of Evil is doing well for them! That's kind of surprising, since, to me, it didn't seem like a title that would have a broad appeal.

I recall someone comparing it to Sundome.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

No, it was wrapped up posthumously with the last few volumes of the 130, according to her last wishes.
For which I would have happily bought the lot of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1