• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice's Even Longer Sneak Peek Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
As usual, Vic Mignogna gives it his best. The guy is simply an outstanding actor.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
As usual, Vic Mignogna gives it his best. The guy is simply an outstanding actor.

Really?
mediaright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:

Really?

Yes.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:
Really?

Come on guys, let's not do this every time Vic Mignogna is in something! It getting really old.

Last edited by Hypeathon on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
@TopGunman
I must disagree, Vic Mignogna sounds nothing like Keldeo should if you've seen the original version of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Movie 2: Kyurem VS The Holy Swordsmen. It sounds very unfitting!
mediaright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Lavnovice9 wrote:
@TopGunman
I must disagree, Vic Mignogna sounds nothing like Keldeo should if you've seen the original version of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Movie 2: Kyurem VS The Holy Swordsmen. It sounds very unfitting!

Let's not get back into subdub hell, but those guys will tell you that they don't care since their focus is adapting the story for the American audience and they don't have to make it sound exactly like the Japanese.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, only 13 more days until the movie's out on TV. Smile Who knows how Keldeo will fare in his fight against Kyurem? It seems that only time will tell...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

You're kidding me, right? All the characters that he plays sound the same!
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

That's moot, as there are many voice actors who's characters "all sound the same"; there's a reason why they keep getting cast with that voice.
mediaright

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote
"Voice acting" is a two string phrase after-all. If you're in a quandary as to why the same voice, maybe the "acting" part is a clue to their talents. Wink
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

It's not really that. It's more of the lines that Vic sucks at his job, rather than his lack of range. Add to the fact he is one of the few English language VAs, which 'specializes' at dubbing foreign animation and gets too much praise and fangirls for all the wrong reasons, that also is the reason why I cannot f**king stand Vic Mignogna! Evil or Very Mad
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
So y'all are just going to straight-up ignore my previous post aren't ya? Just uh... gonna pretend you can't see what I said, huh?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
mediaright wrote:
Lavnovice9 wrote:
@TopGunman

Let's not get back into subdub hell, but those guys will tell you that they don't care since their focus is adapting the story for the American audience and they don't have to make it sound exactly like the Japanese.

i too am also got sick of the dub sub bickering. but when it comes to this series that got Americanized to please the US audience & parental advocates, it will always happen. and it got worse after PUSA removed the original cast and used their VA.

Sure i am a dub only pursuit and a die hard pokemaniac but it really doesn't matter whether it's dub or sub though personally it would have been better for the series if they did use the original japaneese scripts as well as it's OP & ED songs when Diamond & Pearl start and the series was no longer being controled by 4kids.

Though I was susprised that Mignona of all people did voice work for this series of all things. A brief cameo character in ep 41 ( he voiced as the kid who owned the joltik ) was one thing, but in the movie is another story. When i heard it he cameoed as the kis as well is voicing in the movie, was so sure it some bad prank cause of the union/non union rules that would made this impossible.

I can get Dan Green VA on the series since he is a non union VA and the series has been using non union VA after PUSA took over, but how did mignona got into the series? Dont get me wrong, i am definitely glad he's in it, but i wonder it voicing here means that he also became a non union VA too. as well as his fellow funi VA Sabat ( VA for Goku ) who VA as hugh for the Black & White Version 2 trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
So y'all are just going to straight-up ignore my previous post aren't ya? Just uh... gonna pretend you can't see what I said, huh?

I never ignored it. It just won't do you any good because I cannot stand Vic Mignogna and when i watch FMA+FMAB+the movies, I'm going in sub only, because I've heard the dub was shit.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I'm seeing plenty of folks expressing their hate towards Vic here. Why is that? Confused I'll admit, his voice does sound a bit...rough-sounding for a cute-looking Pokemon such as Keldeo, but that wouldn't necessarily make him a bad actor for the character...would it?

Edit: On a side note...
Yes, I've finally made my 100th post! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2