• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Project Versus J, the 'Ultimate' Shonen Jump Game, to Launch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:08 am Reply with quote
Where's your Big Three now?

I hope to see this reach worldwide, if it sticks to these three which VIZ and FUNimation are pushing. >_> Otherwise, go nuts with the franchises like Jump Stars and be region free.
chao8971

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
Well, if this game is as fun as Jump Super or Ultimate stars count me on board.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
Watch it be a 3DS game. Sad
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
There is a slight chance that the game could come out here if it stars JUMP characters licensed by Viz and FUNimation. However, if characters like Yugi appear in this game, then the chances of a license are zippo!

Won't stop people from importing it though.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
I sincerely hope that this is going to be a continuation of the Super and Ultimate star games.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

...or a Wii U exclusive.
Now that'll really piss everybody off. Laughing

But seriously, if Project Versus J is gonna be anything like Battle Stadium D.O.N., Jump Super Stars or Jump Ultimate Stars then licensing all those Jump characters (expecting more than just One Piece, Dragon Ball & Toriko in this game) for a niche title that, at best, will barely break even stateside is gonna be a chore and an expense that Namco Bandai Games America isn't willing to foot the bill for.

There's the option that the game could hit the region-free PS3/Vita in Japan; but after Persona 4 Arena/Golden, I wouldn't count on the game being region-free.

Botton Line: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
Dumnerd wrote:
Primus wrote:

...or a Wii U exclusive.

But seriously, if Project Versus J is gonna be anything like Battle Stadium D.O.N., Jump Super Stars or Jump Ultimate Stars then licensing all those Jump characters (expecting more than just One Piece, Dragon Ball & Toriko in this game) for a niche title that, at best, will barely break even stateside is gonna be a chore and an expense that Namco Bandai Games America isn't willing to foot the bill for.

There's the option that the game could hit the region-free PS3/Vita in Japan; but after Persona 4 Arena/Golden, I wouldn't count on the game being region-free.

Or, buy the game when it comes out anyway, and either homebrew your console to let it play region free, or pirate a region free version of the game afterwords. Either way, I'll be doing one of those things Razz

It sucks, but I had to do that to play Japanese games on my Wii. As for the 3DS, I'm fairly certain there's already evil ways to get it for that.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
Dumnerd wrote:
Primus wrote:

...or a Wii U exclusive.

Persona 4 Arena was region locked on PS3. Persona 4 Golden was region free on Vita. The reason Atlus did those region locks were to protect Japanese sales from being hurt by people buying cheaper US copies. Golden stayed region free because the US release was months after the Japanese one. I wouldn't ever expect a JUMP crossover game to be localized so I don't see how that would be a comparable situation.

skafreak51 wrote:
Or, buy the game when it comes out anyway, and either homebrew your console to let it play region free, or pirate a region free version of the game afterwords. Either way, I'll be doing one of those things Razz

It sucks, but I had to do that to play Japanese games on my Wii. As for the 3DS, I'm fairly certain there's already evil ways to get it for that.

Wii U, and 3DS have no form of homebrew community that allows you to break their region locks as of yet.
zangetsukakashi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
OMG. i just wish it would be on ps3.

imagine som'n with 'Toriko' on ps3. for me, that'd be a dream come true Smile
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Wii U and 3DS please!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Only three series? -_-
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Only three series? -_-

The developers note that they are taking character requests from readers, and that these requests enter them into a contest to win some prizes (3DS LL, WiiU, Walkman, etc.). They did the same thing back when a sequel to Jump Super Stars (which became Jump Ultimate Stars) was announced.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
As much as I would love to see this on Wii U and 3DS, Nintendo has decided to region block those and there's probably a -1% chance of this being localised anyway, so I wouldn't mind seeing this being region free for the PSP and PS3 (A lot of developers are still being cautious about the PS Vita because frankly...it's failing epically in the weekly sales charts compared to the competition).
Tylerr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I'd love a crossover with Naruto\Bleach\OP\DB

Not so much toriko, but what ever.
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Goku breathes. Luffy and Toriko die.
There's your game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2