• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NHK's Top Anime Heroine Vote Results Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
I guess it's not worth facepalming.
scineram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
ITt's just a poll.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote
Heh, 2ch.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
How do the IDOLM@STER fans do that? What magic do you have to use to reach that kind of unity?
誤称

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote
Go Haruka! ROFL!
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote
I wish I could comment on this but the only girl I knew on that list was Rukia lol.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
How do the IDOLM@STER fans do that? What magic do you have to use to reach that kind of unity?

I think it has more to do with vote stuffing than any unity.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
4nBlue wrote:

I think it has more to do with vote stuffing than any unity.

Have you not heard the song Danketsu? All we Imas fans have is unity! Rawr! Very Happy
Comsr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
So predictable. Always voting for stuff that's popular, not based on any true merit.
If I had to choose from this list, I think Sakura and Rei are the only ones that could qualify (Haruhi is an antagonist).
scineram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
I wish I could comment on this but the only girl I knew on that list was Rukia lol.

That speaks volumes. lol
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
Can someone tell me, is there some specific reason why Sakura Kinomoto fared so well in this poll?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
Mr. Nescio wrote:
Can someone tell me, is there some specific reason why Sakura Kinomoto fared so well in this poll?

Magical girls did well all around, with Homura and Fate also near the top. The fanbases voting must have been very magical girl oriented.
Lady_Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
LOL @ almost all of the "best heroines" being from post-2000 series

I know that most voter-based lists tend to turn out a bit wonky as far as quality, but I'm still surprised that the list wasn't more of a mixture of heroines from throughout the years. The only one I agree with as far as "best heroine" on there is Sakura, while I could see Haruhi and Rei squeezing in if we were to go for a "influential heroines" list.

Either way, this list in no way represents the "best heroines" of 50 years of anime.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
ComSR wrote:
So predictable. Always voting for stuff that's popular, not based on any true merit.
If I had to choose from this list, I think Sakura and Rei are the only ones that could qualify (Haruhi is an antagonist).

No, Haruhi is the title character and female protagonist. She might not really be a heroine, though - although she takes an active role in solving the mystery cases in Remote Island Syndrome and Snow Mountain Syndrome. She takes as active a role as she ever does in The Astonishment of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Fujiwara and his rival time traveller organisation are antagonists, along with Kuyou Suou and her Canopy Dominion organisation and Kyouko Tachibana and her esper organisation.

Antagonist doesn't mean being responsible for a situation, it means opposing the protagonist. When the series is being lighthearted, Haruhi could arguably said to be the antagonist in that situation, but when there's actual real plot she's either not personally involved (often unaware of what's going on) or actively working to stop it.

I haven't seen IDOLM@STER, Railgun or Bleach (and certainly have no plans to see the last), but Fate and Homura at least are very heroic.
Mr. Nescio wrote:

She is the heroine of an excellent, popular and successful franchise, within with she has saved everyone in the entire world losing the memory of the one they love the most. She is also a well-written, charming character and a total boss.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
Ya know... I actually don't have any criticisms with these kind of vote results in particular. Here's the thing, I actually liked the 2011 Idolm@ster series to my surprise. I never heard of the games until I've heard of the show and I'm not interested in any of the games. I don't care for moe or the idoling craze in general. Yet despite that, few minor problems with the TV show aside, I honestly found it to be very compelling. And part of that was that some of the characters themselves were compelling, one of which being Haruka Amami. I couldn't help but like her character during the last arc of the show.

So personally, I'm fairly satisfied with the votes. The selections are not at all what I had in mind for top anime heroines in the past 50 years. But considering what was even in the top 10, ....eh, not gonna complain. If I had a vote, it would've been either Haruka or Rukia or Homura or Rei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4