• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Osamu Tezuka Biography Manga Gets Live-Action Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
OMG I so what is this very badly >.< anything Tezuka is highly underrated! I can't wait to see Smile
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
OMG I so what is this very badly >.< anything Tezuka is highly underrated! I can't wait to see Smile

"Underrated?"

Tezuka is one of the least underrated Mangaka of all time. He's one of the most well-known and famous ones, hell probably THE most famous one.
Wooga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:

Well, in America, maybe... haha.
I have Kimba the White Lion boxers I got from a grocery store in Japan... Laughing And a Black Jack figure I got at a goodwill sort of place. The owner was surprised an American knew about his work.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
I would prefer a manga release. But this is interesting to make a live action show. Well, in a way his art does imitate life.
Fuzzy Pickles!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
grooven wrote:

"Underrated?"

Tezuka is one of the least underrated Mangaka of all time. He's one of the most well-known and famous ones, hell probably THE most famous one.
I think he's referring to the attention Tezuka gets outside of Japan. France and Italy seems to fare well when it comes to getting contents from Tezuka (France has Kimba the White Lion manga, which America doesn't have), but America is seriously lacking.

That said, more Tezuka stuff is always nice to have. Would be interested in watching this (which is why I'm glad I'm learning Japanese, with of course other reasons).
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
@Chagen46 Yes I did mean North America. I'm a huge Tezuka fan, so I know how influential he is. I mean in the market today ,you don't see too much of him and his works.

@astarisborn94 I want the Kimba manga so badly. Jungle Taitei is my all time favorite. I got word that just before it as going to be licensed something happened and the deal did not go through Sad Though I did support the Unico kickstarter project Wink and will have that manga soon!

@Wooga I want Kimba boxers for PJs!! >.< That is very cool find, that is amusing that he was surprised. My friend's in Japan were surprised too by my fascination with Jungle Taitei. My nickname is Leo to them Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1