• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magi's Sinbad Side Story Manga Becomes a Full Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for this. Although I don't get why ANN didn't note that the original magi writer is still handling the story and only the art is being done by a different person. Although the artist was an assistant of the original mangaka and did a very good job of mimicing the art style in the prototype
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about this. I haven't read the prototype but the prologue that appeared on the regular manga made it seem very exciting. I hope it eventually gets an OVA or something like that, Sinbad is an awesome character
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Sinbad is probably my favorite character in the series, since besides being generally likeable, but as time goes on he really does come across as a nuanced character with a lot more to him than you might realize on the surface. And it's a good chance for world building and seeing exactly how he got where he is today
zangetsukakashi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
let's hope it's not april's fools. some people 'april fool' others before or after the 1st nowadays.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
'm not sure they even have April Fools Day in Japan, and I heard this from a seperate reliable source before ANN posted this article anyways
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes they do have it in japan and it is ongoing, I think like oreimo season 2 that this just happen to be announced on April first

http://www.au.kddi.com/zzz/
http://www.dominos.jp/topics/130401_a.html
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Technically it wasn't anyway since this article says it was announced at the the end or during the last anime episode, which was on March 31 in Japan. ANd as I said, I heard it quite a few hours ago from a different source
Just checked, and the post where I first heard about it was put at 5:20 pm on march 31 in Japan's timezone, so yeah, definitely not announced on April 1st over there
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Sinbadass.

I approve this and going to try the manga when it's fully released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
whitefangrazorblade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting more beautiful girls, we know for a fact that this is one of sinbad's infamous reputation. Go SinGood...
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 am Reply with quote
Aaronrules380 wrote:
'm not sure they even have April Fools Day in Japan, and I heard this from a seperate reliable source before ANN posted this article anyways

I'd say Japan looks forward to April Fool's Day even more than Americans do. It actually gets kind of annoying after a point...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:46 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Aaronrules380 wrote:

I'd say Japan looks forward to April Fool's Day even more than Americans do. It actually gets kind of annoying after a point...

April Fool's Day is fun! We used to stay up all night setting things up in college! Laughing

It'd be funny if for Sinbad, they use the Harryhausen. That's a legend!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1