• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Nice; it comes with the package deal also. I'm not too big of a fan of this but glad CR will able to get both.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure tons of guys will be bitching about this, even though girls accomodate fanservice shows all the time. Anime smile Can't wait to see it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Does any else think that other than Oreimo 2, Crunchyroll has not acquired anything attractive for Spring 2012? I am hoping they can get either Gargantia or Attack on Titan. I would also love to see Yamato 2199 on CR.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
While I'm stoked to watch more of this show (which I REALLY am), I am disappointed that it won't be on NicoNico like the first season. I got way more out of that show in a "group" setting than if I were to watch it alone.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Does any else think that other than Oreimo 2, Crunchyroll has not acquired anything attractive for Spring 2012? I am hoping they can get either Gargantia or Attack on Titan.

I'm thinking Funimation is going for one, or both, of those.

Last edited by tuxedocat on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
scarletbird

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
I am disappointed that it won't be on NicoNico like the first season. I got way more out of that show in a "group" setting than if I were to watch it alone.

Agreed. The niconico comments were brilliant. They've been in limbo for a while now though, so I'm excited to see this being streamed at all.

Totally stoked to watch this. Very Happy
lys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
While I'm stoked to watch more of this show (which I REALLY am), I am disappointed that it won't be on NicoNico like the first season. I got way more out of that show in a "group" setting than if I were to watch it alone.

Me too. I'm not a big fan of this genre, but I had a lot of fun watching it with the scrolling comments. It just won't be the same without them...
jeroz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
more Wakamoto is always good
domino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Excited for the show, but I, too, will miss watching this with NicoNico commentary. Did anyone archive those versions of season 1? Every episode was so funny with those comments that they left me in tears.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
Niconico comments vastly enhanced the first season, but at least it's getting streamed.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote
Personally, I thought the show was hilarious (sometimes unintentionally) even without the comments.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Does any else think that other than Oreimo 2, Crunchyroll has not acquired anything attractive for Spring 2012? I am hoping they can get either Gargantia or Attack on Titan. I would also love to see Yamato 2199 on CR.

How could anybody know after the first day of the regular announcement period? Crunchyroll hasn't even finished signing most of their contracts yet, judging by the number of boxes up on their Spring lineup page.

Once TAN says what their simulcast exclusives are and Sentai starts their season announcements, we'll start getting a better idea which series are going to end up on Crunchyroll and which will be ending up on Funimation.com or TheAnimeNetwork.com instead.
TronBonne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Would it matter if I watch the second season before the first, or should I just wait for Crunchy to get both? I recently learned of this series and would love to check it out.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
TronBonne wrote:
Would it matter if I watch the second season before the first, or should I just wait for Crunchy to get both? I recently learned of this series and would love to check it out.

I would wait on the first. The second expects you to know the returning characters already and what they've accomplished in the first season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1