• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kansai Club Publishing to Release Osamu Tezuka's The Crater Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I cannot wait to pledge on Kickstarter this title. I wish them great success and I hope they will bring over more Tezuka short story collections. I am a little disappointed at the high cost, but artwork and hardcovering are very nice.
OniTasku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
The most interesting bit of this article is that this completely new publishing company was able to wrestle the license rights from Akita Shoten, whom have refused to work with NA publishers for some time now.

Edit: Nevermind; had a momentary lapse in thought, since Tezuka manga licenses work differently in Japan.
sepherest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Our singular goal is to expose the American public to classic, obscure, rare, visually pleasing, emotionally taxing and often archaic Japanese Manga that have never before been published in English.

That's well and good, but isn't that kind of lost when the print is limited and will only be bought by people who have the money to donate/support the kickstarter or are already Tezuka aficionados? At least save a couple copies for some libraries...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1