• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman: The 250th Column!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Congrats there Answerman!!!!!! 250 column of fun, I always use to love the intro that took place. Also once again Naruto fans have out done themselves again, if almost makes you wonder if they get together in one big room to think of the next stunt they email Answerman with.

Once again Congrats! Here to another 250 columns!
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Are you really the executive editor? Also, the ending to MGS 2 wasn't that great... how did you feel about it?

EDIT: My original post in italic, in very-true answerman style.

I'm sorry, I didn't read the rest of your post... lol, irony.

Last edited by RezSav on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I though Spriggan was worthwhile just for the pure ridiculousness of it all (or maybe just the action scenes). The whole "Indiana Jones on hog" worked better in the manga I guess.
But yeah, congrats on reaching 250 (where are all the kittens celebrating though?). Just when I though I would never be suprised by a flake again, they go and do it again.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Congrats! The only problem I had with column was that it was over too soon! My favorite part though, was the "conversation" between TV Tokyo and the anime fan. It was hilarious in its own right, but the emoticons just made it funnier!

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for next week's column!
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote
What happened to Shelf Life? I actually prefer that over "Hey Answerman"
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote
I liked the column except that it was two short for such a big anniversary. Sad
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote
"Hindsight is 20/20"

Words to live by, my friend.

Congrats on 250 columns! I always enjoy the Answerman column. I have to admit that the thing I like most is not the Q&A, but the controversy stirred in the forum. So, keep doing what you're doing. It's great!
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote
Congrats and keep up the good work!.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Fushigi Yuugi is basically a show comprised entirely of fan service for girls. It's a self-insertion fanfiction type story where every single last hunky, half-dressed male in ancient China falls madly in love with the selfish, shrill Miaka. Even the frigging transsexual falls for that idiot.

My exact thoughts on the series. I don't understand at all why Yu Watase is hailed as a goddess of shoujo manga. In my opinion, all her works minus Ceres: Celestial Legend are derivative, predictable, banal, brainless, and not to mention cliché fluff. Girl is mysteriously transported into an alternate universe via a book?!?! Wow! I'm in love already! She falls in love with a boy she meets in the book? You don't say! Now I know that there has to be a boy in the real world that she loves so she can give up the fictional boy and settle for less, because that's how these stories always go. Wait, she's allowed to have the fake boy live in the real world so she can have her cake and eat it too and not learn some kind of afterschool special-type life/love lesson? Even better! Who cares about character development when you can have a hot Chinese boy in your bed that came from a library book? Hot damn!

You know, I really tried to stick with this one and see what was made it so special that it pops up on every shoujo recommendations thread. But I couldn't do it. It's the most predictable manga "transported into another world" I've ever read. Girls: if you want an escapist fantasy, there's much better stuff than this drivel.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Dear All-powerful and Almighty Answerman:

Please do not think I am stupid. I am just really sick of all this zeon and fed crap that CN has been spewing out at fans. Even the orginals weren't much better. So please, PLEASE, tell me if there is any follow-ups to Endless Waltz, and whether or not Cartoon Network will try airing a good anime series any time soon.

Thanks, servant of the holy Answerman

Wow. Just... wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Technically the answer here isn't incorrect but ADV never really did a theatrical run for Spriggan so I probably shouldn't have said "yeah, they're gonna do this".

They did a theatrical run. It's just it played in theaters no one actually frequents.

Quote:
What amuses me most about this is how Spriggan was designed to be one of those enduring Ninja Scroll-Akira-Vampire Hunter D American anime mainstays but the story and the characters and generally the entire movie was so overwhelmingly stupid that that never happened and now people mostly remember it for that really ridiculous sequence at the end where the hero has to outrun dinosaurs.

The story and characters were fine. It's just that no one cares about super-soldiers unless they're in MGS. BTW, for those who care, the director's at Otakon.

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume I wrote this before I finished the game since the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty proved it to be one of the dumbest games I'd ever played and it's pretty clear Hideo Kojima was just screwing with people to see what he could get away with. Raiden, my ass.

I'm guessing you haven't played part 3. The villains in that game, particularly the Sorrow, are far more annoying than Raiden. But if you need a laugh, check out Metal Gear Domestic.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

I'm guessing you haven't played part 3. The villains in that game, particularly the Sorrow, are far more annoying than Raiden. But if you need a laugh, check out Metal Gear Domestic.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was a much better game than 2 and you know it, man.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
Oh please! The bad guys were more ridiculous than those in a Schumacher Batman movie, and the "strategy" for winning involved tedious micro-management while sitting through slow PS2 loading screens which reminded me of first-gen PS games.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Oh please! The bad guys were more ridiculous than those in a Schumacher Batman movie,

Like Ocelo...er, Liquid's hand wasn't?
But I guess Zac can't get no respect, even on an anniversary.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
daer studio pierot

i am a big fan uv naruto n i think itahci iz muhc strongir dan jiraya so can u please shwo n episod wher tehy fite becuz i tink itd b vry kewl 2 se tem fite itachi can use hiz sharigin n jiraya wit hiz rasengin n itd be very awsom so plzzzzzz?

from sasuke76456

I wonder if they actually get letters from people having "great ideas" for episodes and requesting that they be aired.

And congratulations on the 250th column. The Answerman column always gives me my weekly dose of entertainment and laughter every week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5