• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Samurai Bride Sequel Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised, since this was already on Crunchy and Sentai previously licensed season 1.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
The home video release seems a little too quick, especially since they actually dubbed the first season. I mean, releasing it this year means that it will come out half a year after the broadcast ends or less.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hiro94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand Sentai.Didn't they take Funimation to court and claiming one of the reasons for suing was they were a monoply?Yet Sentai licenses what seems like 5 or 6 shows a week.sounds hypocritical if you ask me.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
The home video release seems a little too quick, especially since they actually dubbed the first season. I mean, releasing it this year means that it will come out half a year after the broadcast ends or less.
They'll likely release most of the new anime they got next year.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
Joe anime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Hiro94 wrote:
I don't understand Sentai.Didn't they take Funimation to court and claiming one of the reasons for suing was they were a monoply?Yet Sentai licenses what seems like 5 or 6 shows a week.sounds hypocritical if you ask me.
Yes,Sentai did take FUNimation to court.but it doesn't effect them when it comes to getting anime.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Hiro94 wrote:

That was ADV who did it, but it got shot down. Yet we still don't know the outcome of Funimation sueing all companies close or related to Sentai/ADV/Section 23. I hope they get out of it safe.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:

Yeah, they announce the rights as it airs & then usually wait a year after to release it.

Like Dusk Maiden of Amnesia & Mysterious Girlfriend X. Which they announced home video rights soon after simulcasting spring of last year and now we're getting them in June 2013.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
Hiro94 wrote:

That was ADV who did it, but it got shot down. Yet we still don't know the outcome of Funimation sueing all companies close or related to Sentai/ADV/Section 23. I hope they get out of it safe.

Actually, their lawsuits were moved to Federal court and there hasn't been much movement since. Cases like that can take years before they even go before a judge, particularly with the current shortage of Federal judges. ADV's cases stemmed from alleged attempts by Funimation to acquire the company's debt and force them under Funi's control.

Also, the number of licenses is irrelevant. It's market share that matters, and whether or not one of the companies acted illegally in attempting to gain a hold on the market.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
YEAH Samurai Bride YYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!! Anime hyper Smile
censor first and uncensor on DVD+Blu-ray combo later
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
11G4GUNOT wrote:
YEAH Samurai Bride YYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!! Anime hyper Smile
censor first and uncensor on DVD+Blu-ray combo later

It's airing uncensored right now, which is a surprising turn of events as most shows have tended to be censored.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Please ignore this post...
The Tentacle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
After seeing the way the first season endind and now this new cast of characters I'm wondering how much of Samurai Bride's storyline will be based on Makai Tensho.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
bs3311 wrote:
Hiro94 wrote:

Actually, their lawsuits were moved to Federal court and there hasn't been much movement since. Cases like that can take years before they even go before a judge, particularly with the current shortage of Federal judges. ADV's cases stemmed from alleged attempts by Funimation to acquire the company's debt and force them under Funi's control.

Also, the number of licenses is irrelevant. It's market share that matters, and whether or not one of the companies acted illegally in attempting to gain a hold on the market.

I knew about that except ADVs sue being pushed through, but I'm glad you did your research (not saying I do more, your on a higher plain ~ Sentai Comrade Anime smile). Above all else, it really gets me nervous if Funi succeeds. I'll probably be in college when we hear the verdict.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Since when does licensing 5 or 6 shows make you a monopoly? Please look up the definition of a monopoly before you make such comments again. I dont know the details of the suit with Funimation but it probably had more to do with leverage and cost then the actual number of shows that anybody licensed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2