• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Udon Ent. to Release Breath of Fire, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 6, Darkstalkers Artbooks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Well... I'm definitely getting the BoF artbook
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see Tatsuya Yoshikawa's illustrations for DMC4.
Cetais

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
Damn. I already have the Japanese version of this BoF artwork collectio.

... I'll surely buy it in English only to support BoF, there's nothing more strong than my love for it <3
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
Oooo there's plenty here that I would get^^ Especially excited for the Neptune one! Had a feeling they would pick that up...
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
UDON has made it more than abundantly clear that they want my money. I will happily give it to them. Very Happy In for the Moriyama artbook and at least 1 copy of Breath of Fire. On the fence about Ys.

Also, a minor correction: Daisuke Moriyama was the creator of Chrono Crusade. If I remember correctly, he did not work on Chrono Cross.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
Holy crap!! They're putting out the BOF book? Oh man this is going to be so awesome to those who never had the chance of owning it. I'm almost compelled to pick this up again considering I own the majority of BOF books including this one. Only this time we're getting a translation.

I definitely recommend getting this book if you're a BOF fan. Oh the debates that went on for this series on the old GameFaqs boards about the art. I truly loved this series when it first came out. Now there's a series I wouldn't mind seeing some new life blown into.

Great job Udon! Surprised Surprised
B.K.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
I can't believe how much my timing and luck sucks. First, I spent $65 on the Wings of Honneamise Blu-Ray and a new release is announced about a month later. Now, I buy the Japanese version of the Breath of Fire Official Complete Works and less than a week later, Udon announces an English version.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
LOL, I already spent $70 last year on getting the Japanese version of Daisuke Moriyama's Chronicle. But guess who's totally double-dipping on the English edition?

Yeah, THIS obsessed fangirl right here.

(Particularly since there's a part of me that hopes this might increase interest in World Embryo in the US again. I can dream.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
sailorneorune wrote:
Also, a minor correction: Daisuke Moriyama was the creator of Chrono Crusade. If I remember correctly, he did not work on Chrono Cross.

Thanks for that! The article has been corrected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1