• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump to Run 'Bench' 1-Shot by Naruto's Kishimoto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I can't stand Naruto (some of the worst information conveyance I've ever seen in a comic), but I enjoyed Mario quite a bit. So I'm sort of excited for another Masashi Kishimoto one-shot.
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
I can't stand Naruto (some of the worst information conveyance I've ever seen in a comic), but I enjoyed Mario quite a bit. So I'm sort of excited for another Masashi Kishimoto one-shot.

I agree, though I think that's mostly an issue with Kishi trying to follow Shonen battle formula and not doing a particularly good job of it. He seems to do best with stories set in more realistic settings.
Dizzee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Is this a sign that Naruto is coming to an end? He's preparing a new manga? If It's gonna be a sports manga a massive amount of people will be disappointed.

Last edited by Dizzee on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:
Is this a sign that Naruto is coming to an end? He's preparing a new manga? If It's gonna be a sports manga a massive amount of people will be disappointed.

This is a one-shot from 2010, so no its probably not his next series.
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
This one shot came out when there was like a competition of one shots being written by famous mangakas.This was by far the best one that there was ,and all this time I was thinking how it should become a full fledged manga.I hope that after Naruto is finished,Kishimoto will be writing this.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:

It's a one-shot from a few years ago. I don't get why people would be disappointed. I love sports series. We really don't see enough of them here in the west.
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Dizzee wrote:

It's a one-shot from a few years ago. I don't get why people would be disappointed. I love sports series. We really don't see enough of them here in the west.

I agree with this. Really hard to find fans of good sports-related anime/manga like Slam Dunk, Hikaru no Go (Go is considered an intellectual sport), Ashita no Joe and Star of the Giants (yes, I know many of these are hella old, shut up).
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if we'll see more one shots that haven't made it here yet to fill in for bleach's absence for the next few weeks...
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I wonder if we'll see more one shots that haven't made it here yet to fill in for bleach's absence for the next few weeks...

And gaping hole Cross Manage leaves. Jaco only lasts 10 weeks.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Covnam wrote:

And gaping hole Cross Manage leaves. Jaco only lasts 10 weeks.

I didn't know that when I posted, that's even worse. With One Piece on break next week too SJ is going to look pretty "thin" next week in particular. No wonder they're running a one shot from a few years ago.

With Cross Manage now gone and only a few more weeks of Jaco I hope viz is planning some announcements soon.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote
CCharmanderK wrote:
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Dizzee wrote:

I agree with this. Really hard to find fans of good sports-related anime/manga like Slam Dunk, Hikaru no Go (Go is considered an intellectual sport), Ashita no Joe and Star of the Giants (yes, I know many of these are hella old, shut up).

smh why no mention of Eyeshield?
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:

You may want to check out this article that was published about one year ago.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
I liked it much more than the current Naruto chapters and Kisjhimoto's other one-shot, Mario. Don't miss it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1