• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Jack TV Reaches Crowdfunding Goal for Anime Sols DVD

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Very awesome. I supported both Creamy Mami and Black Jack. Hope to see more Pierrot, Tezuka, and Tatsunoko shows come to Anime Sols.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Dang, that was one quick turnaround all the sudden. The promise of OVAs being looked at must have really pushed this. Great that Sols has two successes under their belt now.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Greatest news ever! Very Happy
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Please get a dub! PLEASE!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Zero chance at a dub.

Glad to see Mami and Black Jack succeed for Anime Sols, for their first set at least.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
This is terrific news! I loved what little I saw of the 2004 Black Jack series, but I was sure it would never get picked up for distribution due to its retro style and unusual premise. I'm glad to be proven wrong!

I'll definitely be buying this set when it becomes available.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I also contributed so I'm glad it succeeded. Behold the power of ANN. All you have to do to get these funded is...you know like actually inform people you're doing it. Wink

Last edited by Kruszer on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
The first I've heard of this....I would have supported too Sad.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
This and Mami always had the most money and likelihood of success, so I wonder how this will influence AnimeSols' decisions going forward. Remember their surveys? Half of the anime listed were even less known than Blue Blink, even Maicchingu Machiko-sensei doesn't have much an audience beyond those wanting to see a teacher sexually assaulted by her elementary school students. Beyond that, it's what, UY, Oniisama e, KOR, Bismark, and the rest of the Pierrot mahou shoujo series.

Then again, there could be more lined up that aside from those, but it seems weird to ask about A-list nostalgia titles and completely unknown and unsubbed series.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
The first I've heard of this....I would have supported too Sad.

Don't feel bad, it was last-minute for everyone here too. If you didn't look at ANN yesterday or frequent AnimeSols you would definitely have missed it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Missed what? Sorry guys, AnimeSols went up May 13th and was spammed across ANN, AnimeWorldOrder, and various other places. Maybe they didn't keep advertising well enough, but these deadlines certainly didn't come from nowhere. There was an entire ANNcast devoted to it. You go to ANN, you read the headlines, you comment back, how do you miss it?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
<--Subscription member with all ads disabled, plus Firefox with AdBlockPlus to kill any other Ads for starters. Don't have a pod so no podcast. First I heard of them doing a set for Black Jack was the ANN article yesterday. First I've heard of AnimeSols at all actually.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
You don't need a pod anything for a podcast, I listen to them while I edit for instance. What about the Mami completion article a few days back?
Beaux10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
And I have a Tezuka poster coming in the mail soon, so this is great timing! I honestly have only read the first volume of Black Jack but I have been hoping to pick up the rest of them soon. I wanted to support this but I don't have the money right now. It looks like there will be plenty of extras, though, so I'll add it to my list.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Missed what? Sorry guys, AnimeSols went up May 13th and was spammed across ANN, AnimeWorldOrder, and various other places. Maybe they didn't keep advertising well enough, but these deadlines certainly didn't come from nowhere. There was an entire ANNcast devoted to it. You go to ANN, you read the headlines, you comment back, how do you miss it?

I go to ANN multiple times daily, this is the first time I've seen anything about it. I think I may have seen the words "Anime Sols" in the retail forum at one point, though I'm not sure.

Anyways, I went to their website and there was still some time left! I pledged for the $40 set. Anyone who would still like to pledge, there is probably still time left as of right now, if you go really fast!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3