• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Error report] Consolidated errors for doc-watson42

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:00 am Reply with quote
Since a large part of the "official" backlog of errors has been cleaned up, I thought I'd bring attention to the unofficial one—at least the portion that I've reported, and which is still to be fixed.

First, a new set of errors. The problem arises from the fact that Manga Entertainment (and TRSI/Critical Mass Video) released Violence Jack, Violence Jack 2, and Violence Jack 3 out of order. Specifically,
    • "Slumking" (ME/CMV: Part 3) was originally released in 1986 as "Violence Jack Harlem Bomber" (バイオレンスジャック ハーレムボンバー) (proof: @entertainment, Anime Check-list);
    • "Evil Town" (ME/CMV: Part 1) was originally released in 1988 as (バイオレンスジャック〜地獄街〜, "Violence Jack ~Hell Town~") (proof: @entertainment, Anime Check-list); and
    • "Hell's Wind" (ME/CMV: Part 2) was originally released in 1990 as "Violence Jack Hell's Wind Chapter" (バイオレンスジャック ヘルスウィンド編, ''Violence Jack Herusu Uindo Hen'') (proof: @entertainment, Anime Check-list).
Note that this is also detailed on page 432 of the first edition of The Anime Encyclopedia, and the copyright dates can be checked on the back of the Critical Mass tapes.

I've reported the individual errors that I spotted via the usual form, but I'm afraid that it's likely that the casts and crews are mixed up. (I just watched "Slumking" and "Evil Town", and Violence Jack and the narrator are the only characters in common.) The @entertainment pages linked above have the main credits, so an encyclopedist who is literate in Japanese is probably going to have to review them.

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote
[Error report] Title: Cream Lemon Cilmax [sic]

Originally posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:59 pm

Greetings and felicitations. The title is actually "Cream Lemon Climax" (plus the subtitle). ^_^; See here and here.

[Fixed -t]
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quote
[Error report] Nono-chan (TV)

Originally posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:31 am

Since this consists of more than one post, I'll just link to it

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote
related anime errors

Originally posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Both normaltype and sailornyanko's errors remain unfixed.

Edit 2 (3?): Both normaltype's error and sailornyanko's errors appear [fixed].

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:45 am; edited 2 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote
[Error] Master Keaton

Originally posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:31 pm

Greetings and felicitations. This seems to be a bit too large of a mistake to submit via the form, so I'm posting it here.

Master Keaton is actually two series—a 24 episode television series, which was followed by a 15 episode OAV series when the TV series was released on video. Please seeConclusion: A new OAV entry needs to be created, and the approriate information (re-)moved from the TV entry—though I don't envy the Encyclopedia staff member who performs that task. ^_^;;;

[done -t]
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quote
[Error Report] "Countdown Conjoined!" title

Originally posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:18 pm

Countdown Conjoined! as the title is incorrect—that is merely the title of the DVD compilation of the first and third OAVs (originally released in English on VHS as Countdown and Countdown Continued), and the equivalent of calling Gokudo "Gokudo: Collection Extraordinaire".

Proof (NSFW): The SoftCel Pictures site calls it "Countdown".

[Done -t]
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
[Error report] Title needing to be split: _Nintama Rantarou_

Originally posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:15 pm

Nintama Rantarou is actually at least three series, and probably four. The Anime Encyclopedia lists on page 323
    Nintama Rantarou (1993; 91 episodes); and
    Shin Nintama Rantarou (1994; 90 episodes, including 18 of nearly double length, though this may be incorrect).
The ANN Encyclopedia's Nintama Rantarou Episode titles page lists these two, plusThe fan site Ninjutsu Gakuen has some additional information on its Level 1: Nintama Rantarou - What is it? and Level 3: Nintama Rantarou - The Anime pages.

Conclusion: This entry needs to be split.

[Still pending]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote
[Error report] _Super Deformed Double Feature_

Originally posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:37 am

The Super Deformed Double Feature needs at least to be re-titled, and possibly split. As the plot summary states, it is
Quote:
Two seperate comedy shorts on one tape: Ten Little Gall Force and Scramble Wars.

Ten Little Gall Force (テンリトルガルフォース) is by AIC, released in 1988, whereas Scramble Wars is by Armic, released in 1992. I thus believe that they should be two different entries, possibly linked by as "related to (released together)" or some such.

[fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 am Reply with quote
Romanicization Error for [title] #49107

Originally posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:24 pm

(Thread.)

[Fixed -t]
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quote
[Error report] _Spiral_ release titles

Originally posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:20 pm

The subtitle for Spiral volume 1 is What are the Blade Children?, not The Melody of Logic, which is the subtitle for volume 5.

Also, I've mentioned this before, but there apparently is no regular method to submit errors reports for releases. A stickied thread for this would be very helpful.

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 am; edited 3 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Title: "Kisaku The Letch III"

It would make more sense for the title to be "Kisaku the Letch", since that is how Kitty Media spells it. (The title seems to be taken from that of the release title in the entry.)

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3

(Note the covers, not the text.)

[Fixed]; link.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Master Keaton is actually two series—a 24 episode television series, which was followed by a 15 episode OAV series when the TV series was released on video.

Is the OAV simply called "Master Keaton (OAV)" or does it have some sort of sub-title ? Is it a direct sequel to the TV series?

-t
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
Master Keaton is actually two series—a 24 episode television series, which was followed by a 15 episode OAV series when the TV series was released on video.

Is the OAV simply called "Master Keaton (OAV)" or does it have some sort of sub-title ? Is it a direct sequel to the TV series?

Yes, no, and yes. It is essentially the same as the television series, except for its mode of release.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:30 am Reply with quote
"Oh GREAT!" should be spelled "Oh! Great" (or possibly "Oh!great"). Proof 1 (source) and 2 (Silky Whip/Silky Whip Extreme).

[fixed -t ( changed to "Oh! great" which is how it is spelled inside the Japanese TenTen volumes that I have)]
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
"Oh GREAT!" should be spelled "Oh! Great" (or possibly "Oh!great").

It has been a while. I can't enter an exclamation mark as part of his name. Dunno how it was created in the first place.

doc-watson42 wrote:
(Silky Whip/Silky Whip Extreme).

Ahh, one of my first adult manga in English.
(dormcat enters nostalgic mode)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10