• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 6th - October 13th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
My younger cousin is a big Naruto fan so I had to watch this with him and I was pretty surprised myself starting with the hidden finger part and the sexy transformation. Hmmm I wonder if some parents were offened with last week's episode? I was pretty shocked they allowed that sort of stuff in a kid's cartoon, I am no way offended but I think they should have like left the TV-PG S symbol through the whole episode just in case. I also wonder if the more extremist parents were offended by the whole "walking on water" and old men patting shirtless boy's stomach lol.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote
chrisb, I haven't heard of any angry parents, so hopefully they've learned by now to just shut up when it comes to things like this. Seriously, companies shouldn't have to water down their product just to appeal to a minority. These kinds of parents should be able to handle their kids on their own.

Anyway, great column, Brian, even without the Click Pick of the Week!

Oh, and I have to point this out. The following two episodes are not reruns on Adult Swim -- they will be new episodes, no matter what you may have read on Adult Swim's schedule:

-Thu Oct 12 12:30am - Episode 158 "Stampede of the Countless Demon Rats" (R Thu Oct 13 4:00am)
-Fri Oct 13 12:30am - Episode 159 "Kohaku's Decision and Sango's Heart" (R Fri Oct 13 4:00am)

gg n00bz
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
I also wonder if the more extremist parents were offended by the whole "walking on water" and old men patting shirtless boy's stomach lol.

Thank you for using the proper word here. Most would have used broader terms which isn't appropriate.

It's a small group of people who get freaked out over this sort of thing. Unfortunately, those idiots happen to usually be part of my religion and political party, which means most of the time people just post about how stupid all of us are instead of understanding that it's a subset.

Personally, I'd like to knock some sense into those morons who would lose it over what was shown in Naruto. There was nothing blasphemous about the walking on water stuff and Jiraiya's not preverted in that way.

There are plenty of things to actually be offended by in the media, but God knows Naruto's not one of them.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
The Trinity Blood episode description has to be the funniest I've read in a while. Smile

Nothing special this week, though. No movies? Guess I'll have to be content with Bleach, Eureka 7, and the FLCL rerun then.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
chrisb wrote:
I also wonder if the more extremist parents were offended by the whole "walking on water" and old men patting shirtless boy's stomach lol.

Thank you for using the proper word here. Most would have used broader terms which isn't appropriate.

It's a small group of people who get freaked out over this sort of thing. Unfortunately, those idiots happen to usually be part of my religion and political party, which means most of the time people just post about how stupid all of us are instead of understanding that it's a subset.

Personally, I'd like to knock some sense into those morons who would lose it over what was shown in Naruto. There was nothing blasphemous about the walking on water stuff and Jiraiya's not preverted in that way.

There are plenty of things to actually be offended by in the media, but God knows Naruto's not one of them.

Yes I had used another word, but I didn't want to offend anyone so I'm glad the adjective I chose was a good one to use.
emory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
There's no movie this week but Princess Mononoke is rerunning on Toonami next week.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Why wasn't Bobobo selected for the "Click-Pick"? Today is the introdction of my beloved DENBO-CHAN! Exclamation

This is also the last good Bleach episode in the entire series; it's when we viewers get a glimpse into "heck". From here on out, Bleach starts to suck royally.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:

This is also the last good Bleach episode in the entire series; it's when we viewers get a glimpse into "heck". From here on out, Bleach starts to suck royally.

I think like 90 percent of the people who watch the show would disagree with you pretty strongly.

So please don't state your opinion as though it's a fact. "I think" before that last sentence there would make a WORLD of difference.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

I think like 90 percent of the people who watch the show would disagree with you pretty strongly.

Key words: "watch the show [on a regular basis]". Of course my views are going to clash with the fans; I'm speaking to the occasional browsers, not the folks who make up "popular fandom".

Zac wrote:

So please don't state your opinion as though it's a fact. "I think" before that last sentence there would make a WORLD of difference.

I will not consciously attempt to do anything of the sort. This is a forum, a place to express ideas and have said ideas reflected/examined by others and, if there is a desire, to be commented on. If some people are so stupid as to automatically internalize any idea they read on these boards without bothering to think about the author's intention, knowledge, or background, they're fully deserving if they end up mislead.
standalonecomplex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
My younger cousin is a big Naruto fan so I had to watch this with him and I was pretty surprised myself starting with the hidden finger part and the sexy transformation. Hmmm I wonder if some parents were offened with last week's episode? I was pretty shocked they allowed that sort of stuff in a kid's cartoon, I am no way offended but I think they should have like left the TV-PG S symbol through the whole episode just in case. I also wonder if the more extremist parents were offended by the whole "walking on water" and old men patting shirtless boy's stomach lol.

Forgive me, but why would you think that Naruto is a "kid's cartoon"?
helosmore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Why wasn't Bobobo selected for the "Click-Pick"? Today is the introdction of my beloved DENBO-CHAN! Exclamation

I'm game. I'm sure that you meant "suck" as in a "pipe" cause this show becomes addictive as "crack cocaine" hereafter. Razz
helosmore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Hey LordByronius,

Any chance you can post The Click earlier in the day? I punch out at work ~6pm EST on Friday and usually miss the listings for the weekend. If I'm alone on this, feel free to ignore my request. Thanks!
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote
standalonecomplex wrote:

Sorry that was just my opinion I didn't mean to make it sound it was like a fact. But it is being marketed as such on Cartoon Network isn't it?
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
standalonecomplex wrote:
It is widely recognized as such in Japan. The majority of the watchers of the TV broadcast is also likely to be made up of kids and pre-teens (or early teens, if you like).

That doesn't make it "childish" for adults to like it, though; so please don't mistake me for that.
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:

Yeah, that part of "Bleach" where spoiler[the gates of hell were opened up was pretty cool. Although, I kinda liked the whole soul society arc; it had a lot of really neat fights portraying the characters in a cool sorta way. For example, the fight Uryu had with Mayuri Kurotsuchi and how he unleashed forbidden power.
But after that, I hear the next arc is pretty much the same, except for the fact its Orihime instead of Rukia being captured and Hollows instead of Reapers doing the capturing. Then again, theres Aizan's couch Cool ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2