• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Bizarre Love Triangle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Chances for a domestic release Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle? The world is not that kind.

Besides, there's the problem with this whole franchise being a copyright nightmare because of Araki's excellent musical tastes.

Last edited by gedata on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kingdom Karts

I'm I the only one who thinks this would atually be an awesome idea? Wink

Also, good on SE for actually giving us the "Final Mix" version of BDFF first.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Mighty No. 9: From the moment I was informed of it a couple of days ago, I knew this would be a success. We need this and we're getting it. Sorry Crapbomb, not to rub it in your faces, but you had your chance to make things right (and yet managed to screw it up every single time). I, and every other Megaman fan out there I'm quite sure, can't wait for the release of this.

Nintendo 2DS:

Quote:
You know what my favorite Nintendo handheld is, design-wise? The GBA SP, even if it didn't have a headphone jack.

You and I see eye-to-eye on this one at least, Todd. I still own and love my SP ever since acquiring it in 2005. It helps that it's a gift from my father who I hadn't seen in twelve years, but I digress. Still the best handheld to this day if you ask me. Indeed, all it needed was a headphone jack to be perfect, and maybe a longer charger cord.

Bravely Default: Todd, this will definitely do well without Final Fail-tasy in its title. Don't even suggest otherwise. People have been wanting this game forever because FF sucks and has been sucking for quite a while now.

Romeo vs. Juliet:

Quote:
Oh, and Shakespeare himself shows up…as a blond-tressed doctor and source of comic relief. That's a bit more flattering than what we saw in the Romeo X Juliet anime series.

What? How could you not like his wiggle dance in RxJ? XD
corinthian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Lawrence would be Laurence, the friar who gives Juliet the fake-death potion.
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
Lawrence would be Laurence, the friar who gives Juliet the fake-death potion.

Boy, is my face red.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
Chances for a domestic release Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle? The world is not that kind.

Besides, there's the problem with this whole franchise being a copyright nightmare because of Araki's excellent musical tastes.

Uh wasn't there a ps1, dreamcast, and then psn release? The latter of which happened not to long ago.
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:51 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Uh wasn't there a ps1, dreamcast, and then psn release? The latter of which happened not to long ago.

Part three has characters named after musicians instead of their stands, so it was easier for Capcom to alter names without facing any problems (especially since it was a fighting game too, so characters would be saying their stand's tarot-related name). Four-onwards gets tricky because the Stand names are blatant music references. There's been speculation online for years that the part 5 game on the ps2 - which Capcom had playable at a couple english game shows - couldn't be releases in the US because of interference from a couple US musicians/bands and Araki's refusal to have characters names altered.

But basically it's going to be a tough one to get a US release when it has characters yelling out names like Aerosmith, Moody Blues, Sheer Heart Attack and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

Can't wait for my copy to get here...
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the Kickstarter passed its $900,000 mark in under two days

Wasn't it in under 24 hours?

Also, RE: KH3, why does everyone keep saying that it'll be out next year? Amazon and Best Buy are taking pre-orders, when we have nothing indicating any sort of imminent release. Most fans I know aren't expecting anything for III until 2015 at the earliest. We still have to get 2.5 with KH2, BBS, and re:coded first, which will likely be next year.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
In regard to Bravely Default - it's ironic that a game which more closely resembles golden-age Final Fantasy titles than anything SquEnix has released in years isn't even being released under the FF IP, even after the explosion of FF spinoffs in the mid-to-late 2000s.

Anyway. Am I the only one who's always found Romeo and Juliet to be a painfully unromantic story about the naivete and impulsiveness of youth?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pleinair92

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why Araki couldn't just let them change the characters' names. Well, I can kinda imagine an author who considers that minor detail more important than making his art more widely available. But it's still hard to understand why.

I would hate to import this game at great cost, only for an American release to come out in a couple months. But since there hasn't been any news of any plans, I doubt it will.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:49 am Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:

Anyway. Am I the only one who's always found Romeo and Juliet to be a painfully unromantic story about the naivete and impulsiveness of youth?

That's why it's perfect for anime/game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Won't be long before I see smaller kids walking around with the 2DS. For a minute I thought it was an exclusive 2D game system. So does it have everything the 3DS had as far as Wi-fi connection to your Wii or WiiU, etc... sans the 3D controls/

So now that Inafune is doing another spiritual reboot of the MM/RM series does that mean folks might get a MML3/RMD3 game in the way that Monolith did with Xenogears turned Xenosaga series?

To be honest I really don't know why this just never happened. I mean he created the MM/RM series and yet he leaves and creates a clone. Of course folks who follow game developer news know why without having bash around the idea that it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1