• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
inspirational anime quotes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackheart2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I really need some inspirational anime quotes (its a long story), but I don't know any. Every time I look for an anime quote, I get the funny ones or the violent ones (I still like them). Does anyone have any inspirational anime quotes from any anime series? Thank You.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
To recognise one’s own sin
is to have no sin.
So are you a sinner?

But if I think I have no sin
I become a sinner.

This is the circle of sin
To find the answer
Is to find redemption.

Haibane Renmei
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
What is the worth of this world if my little sister can't live in it -Shannon from Scrapped Princess (not sure if that is the exact wording so if it isn't please correct it)

What ever happens from now on you stand firm and face your destiny without fear, but with courage.- Tenshi's grandfather

No one is going to give you a map you have to walk your own path.- Hilda from Outlaw star

Will add more Very Happy
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
What is the worth of this world, if it will not allow my little sister to live in it? - Shannon from Scrapped Princess

I believe that is a more accurate wording, but I absolutely second that one. That is probably my favorite quote of all time from anyone taken in context. I remember when I first saw that episode and heard that line, I started crying, and ended up watching that episode about 15 times after that over the next few months, for the primary purpose of seeing those scenes in context.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frouella

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Inspirational how? Quotes that inspire...what exactly?

Sorry, not trying to be dim, just not sure what you want.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Umm.....you mean like this?

"May those who follow their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy it be granted glory." -- Edel, Princess Tutu

That sort of thing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I believe they're looking for life-affirming quotes.

"Most of us are not as happy or as miserable as we think we are; the important thing is not to get bored with living your life or having hopes."

--from Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

If it is simply a quote that inspires in any way, I think I can find a few more for you.
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
omar235 wrote:
What is the worth of this world, if it will not allow my little sister to live in it? - Shannon from Scrapped Princess

I believe that is a more accurate wording, but I absolutely second that one. That is probably my favorite quote of all time from anyone taken in context. I remember when I first saw that episode and heard that line, I started crying, and ended up watching that episode about 15 times after that over the next few months, for the primary purpose of seeing those scenes in context.

Aww, see people as you can clearly see Moderators or any "high" authority can shed tears as well. In any case, today's inspiration that I drew from is a quote from a lovely vampire we know as Alucard from Hellsing:

You've gone and taken all those lives, and not even because you were thirsty. Is it fun? Is that what it takes for filth like you to get off?

In a sense it's quite inspirational since he speaks of his own kind. Which I believe many can relate to as of yesterday, as of now, and as of tomorrow. Some or many come to find themselves confined in their "own" little world and tend to dislike how they look, act, or feel. So they tend to act of someone who they are not, but of course time itself tells them who they are.

-Crimson
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote
This is from the manga Imadoki! and it's one of the quotes that's stuck around with me the most:

"A cherry blossum is a cherry blossum, a plum blossum is a plum blossum. They're different but they're both beautiful...Everything blooms according to its own nature."
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
"Massugu, Go!"

Manabi's carefree optimistic attitude is contagious. When in doubt, go straight!
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
"I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity." - Vincent from Cowboy Bebop: Tengoku no tobira

"People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."
-Rukia from Bleach

"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." - Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop

"Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about." Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - Al from FMA

"There was once a tiger-striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, and lived a million lives, and in those lives, various people owned him. None of those people he cared for. This cat was not afraid of death. One life, the cat became a stray cat, which meant it was free. And it met a white female cat. They became mates, and lived together. Time passed, the white cat passed away of old age. And the tiger- striped cat cried a million times. Eventually, the cat died again. But this time, it didn't come back to life" - Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

"Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons." - Vicious from Cowboy Bebop

"The sky is infinatly high, crystal clear...that's the way the world should be...a world of infinate possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear." - Kintatsu from Kenshin

"You believe that the strong exist to cull the weak. To use them as food. But you are mistaken . . . The strong exist, not to feed off of the weak, but to protect them." -Kenshin Himura from Kenshin

"One must kill the spider in order to save the butterfly." -Knives from Trigun

"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." - Arisu from Serial Experiments Lain

Although I took them off the internet, I searched them up specifically. I just couldn't remember wording, and some of the animes I've seen so long ago I was like "I know there was a lot of inspirational quotes...I just don't remember what."

Last edited by BlooDrAgOn on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I never really realized how many great quotes there are from Cowboy Bebop...Man was that an awesome series.

Here's one:

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can. And that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

I love this quote 'cause it's really sweet, and it reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in the anime Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Not from anime (sorry), but from the Boogiepop VS Imaginator novel. It's stuck with me ever since I read it:

"Do not doubt your work. No matter how pointless or unrewarding it may appear to be, anything is better than knowing for certain that is[sic] actually is." --Kirima Seiichi
Nerv1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
"When you are hurt, you can sleep. When you hurt other's, you cannot sleep."- Ishbal chief from FMA

"This love they have for each other... This emotion of theirs... Does it surpass that fate of war borne by man? But can this single moment last forever?"- Dornkirk from Escaflowne

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive."- Spike from Cowboy Bebop
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
"A true kingdom is not built on the blood and tears of young people."

-Kenshiro from New Fist of the North Star

Yeah... not only is it manly, but it incorporates that neat theme of youth (or something)...

Kenshiro is my hero.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3