• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, September 23-29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 am Reply with quote
Kinda want that Code Geass box.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote
Kin'iro mosaic is doing rather nicely, even though its such a busy week.

Here is hoping that it sold another 700-800~ on DVD.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
I'm glad Kinmoza put in such a good showing, though I can't help but be a bit antsy wondering whether or not there might be a steeper drop than normal due to the sharp change in tone after the first episode.

Less ambiguously, I'm always happy to see Love Live! tear up the charts - and now that the series has been fully released, it hopefully won't be too long before we find out NISA's plans for it.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
If something is listed as "box" rather than "vol" does that means it's something akin to a US release where there are significantly more than 2 episodes or is that just what that company calls a vol?

I'm talking specifically about Gargantia. About a month back I saw another recent title with a "box". It was such a recent series that I couldn't tell if it skipped volumes altogether or if that was just what the publisher called volumes.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
If something is listed as "box" rather than "vol" does that means it's something akin to a US release where there are significantly more than 2 episodes or is that just what that company calls a vol?

I'm talking specifically about Gargantia. About a month back I saw another recent title with a "box". It was such a recent series that I couldn't tell if it skipped volumes altogether or if that was just what the publisher called volumes.

Gargantia is being released in 3 'boxes', I believe, so yeah, it's a case of having more than the usual number of episodes. Though not all shows with unusually high eps/release do this. No company regularly calls their volumes 'boxes'.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

Gargantia is being released in 3 'boxes', I believe, so yeah, it's a case of having more than the usual number of episodes. Though not all shows with unusually high eps/release do this. No company regularly calls their volumes 'boxes'.

I have been collecting the Gargantia boxes. They are very nice; each comes with 5 English subtitled episodes (volume 1 has 4 tv episodes and an OVA, volume 2 has 5 tv episodes, and volume 3 will have 4 tv episodes and another OVA), a booklet with story boards, cards and a neat booklet with a mini manga, drama CD and information on the series. Too bad I do not understand Japanese to truly enjoy the goodies.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
EDIT: Hah, wow. I can't read. I had listed the amount of copies the GuP fandisc sold because I didn't see it in the chart, but I forgot to read the little sentence at the top, derp.

Last edited by Megiddo on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... My order arrived from Amazon on Friday, so my purchases may be reflected in the stats. ^^ Of the stuff mentioned in the article, I had only ordered the Girls und Panzer event disc and the Fate/kaleid volume.

I had Railgun S on my wishlist for a long time, but got bored by the Accelerator arc, so I decided not to buy those discs to put next to my imports of the first series. Gargantia is another series that I came close to importing (especially with the English subtitles on the discs), but my interest in the series waned too much as it progressed.

I really should put my October order together soon.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Kinda want that Code Geass box.

Considering FUNi now has the license to all the Code Geass stuff, I'm kind of hoping that when they do the re-release it is on BD with that new JPN 5.1 track.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The numbers are out for a bunch of anime that didn't rank on Tuesday.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=2033490&postcount=1268

Quote:
KimiMachi v1 sells 2315/2624, total 4,939.

Neptune v1 sells 3,902 BDs, DVDs do not rank. Heavily underestimated on BD, too bad DVDs don't rank.

RKB! SS v1 sells 3,333. Barely half of s1v1wk1, though DVDs ranked for that one.

Uchouten (Eccentric Family) v1 sells 2,110 BDs, DVDs do not rank.

Gen'ei Taiyou v1 sells 932 BDs, DVDs do not rank.

Kaminai (Sunday Without God) v1 sells 656 BDs, DVDs do not rank.

Blood Lad didn't rank at all, so it sold under 600 or so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1