• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan 3DS Game's New Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:20 am Reply with quote
It looks a bit better since last time. Though its hard to tell with every gameplay clip being made smaller in the montage.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
I was thinking "this would make a really, really good game" when watching the anime, but I think it would take a full-sized console to really make it worth playing.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the scale would probably be better on a console, Shadow of the Collosus style.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Swinging through cityscapes in stereoscopic 3D could be rad as hell, and you can't get that on a console
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Swinging through cityscapes in stereoscopic 3D could be rad as hell, and you can't get that on a console

Yes, you can. The XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 both have support for 3D TVs.

That aside, I SO WANT THIS GAME.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

No it wouldn't.

3D games are a gimmick.

Having ultra-high frame rates and crisp graphics are far more important.

Of course it would basically become a Spiderman game with giant exacto knives.

The game wouldn't be much fun if it was as hard as it is in the show, though... or the titans can grab your wires.

But I think they should at least use limited gas and blades, and concrete objectives other than "kill titans."
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Yeah, the scale would probably be better on a console, Shadow of the Collosus style.

It would look excellent also on a PC.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

No it wouldn't.

3D games are a gimmick.

Not really. The added depth the 3D effect adds a lot visually to games that utilize it. Makes landing jumps in 3D platformers like Mario 3D Land a LOT easier when you have a real sense of space.
Quote:

Disagree. I've been playing games for ages, and a lack of HD quality graphics have never stopped me from enjoying games in the past.

Quote:

Pretty much!

Quote:
The game wouldn't be much fun if it was as hard as it is in the show, though... or the titans can grab your wires.

That's probably the most disappointing realization about this game. You probably can win and succeed. I'd love a game that just trolls you with its soul crushing difficulty.
Quote:

But I think they should at least use limited gas and blades, and concrete objectives other than "kill titans."

I agree. I hope the game has some depth.
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Banken wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

No it wouldn't.

3D games are a gimmick.

Not really. The added depth the 3D effect adds a lot visually to games that utilize it. Makes landing jumps in 3D p latformers like Mario 3D Land a LOT easier when you have a real sense of space.
Quote:

Disagree. I've been playing games for ages, and a lack of HD quality graphics have never stopped me from enjoying games in the past.

Quote:

Pretty much!

Quote:

That's probably the most disappointing realization about this game. You probably can win and succeed. I'd love a game that just trolls you with its soul crushing difficulty.
Quote:

I agree. I hope the game has some depth.

I didn't say HD graphics, I said fast and crisp. Meaning a high frame rate and a high resolution.

If they could somehow base the game's physics on a physics engine (ignoring the fact they can somehow transverse through the air using wires that are more or less horizontal... suspension of disbelief indeed). Of course the ability not to only move but also change direction (ie, latching onto a titan) like in the show would be vital to the game. And the ability do some of the crazier moves like running up a titan's arm or taking out it's tendons.

And then there's the survival element... run out of gas or buildings and you doomed. If they don't keep the same fear the game would be missing the point entirely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1