• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Galaxy Express 999 Blu-ray Boxes Offer Shorts as Extras

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
And to think, what we got on DVD here in the US...

Sigh, I really hope there's a chance we'll see a proper release down the road, once S'more Entertainment's license expires.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
And to think, what we got on DVD here in the US...

Sigh, I really hope there's a chance we'll see a proper release down the road, once S'more Entertainment's license expires.

I got the S'more Entertainment's release but with Toei's pickness on what version they gave them, the DVD video quality is subpar though its good enough to watch on the TV most of the time... It's more or less a collector's item
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
So 2100 $ for the whole series ? Shocked Stupid japanese. Rolling Eyes
Not worth buying it not even close, maybe watching it on broadcast tv or on streaming.
If you really need to have some GE 999 goody buy the first film and you've got 90% of the tv series. And buy the second film in you need the sequel. Laughing
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Toei's first BD release of a full classic series, here's hoping they don't screw it up like with the movies.

Last edited by NJ_ on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Too bad the films' BluRays are DNR'd garbage.
Greboruri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
I got the S'more Entertainment's release but with Toei's pickness on what version they gave them, the DVD video quality is subpar though its good enough to watch on the TV most of the time...

I'm assuming you believe what S'more wrote on their facebook page. They're bullshit artists. S'more actually asked Toei for the version used for streaming which had the subs burned in, and actually said this on their facebook page. Months later after the fallout of what was one of the worst looking anime DVD sets to be released the US ever, they then claimed that they had no choice in what materials Toei gave them. Honestly, the [expletive] gall of them. Once fans pointed this out, they deleted the posts.

Sure the set is mostly watchable (but looks dreadfully ugly), but if someone like Discotek had handled it, it’s be a whole lot better (with removable subs) and we’d have seen the whole series released, not just the first 38 episodes.
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Seigen Ono's audio mastering

I wonder if this means if the sets will use the master audio source, unlike most releases of Toei's back catalog?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1