• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gainax Marks Daicon Film Group's 33rd Year With Teaser Site

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
A teaser?! Oo , the anticipation. I wonder who that is though..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
Why even bother, it almost reeks of desperation. There's nothing impressive about making another Daicon when you're an established studio, even if all your top talent has left.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Why even bother, it almost reeks of desperation. There's nothing impressive about making another Daicon when you're an established studio, even if all your top talent has left.

That's how I feel, it wouldn't have quite the same level of triumph that was accomplished by what was done in the beginning with someone's Fujica Single 8mm camera.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Now, if they actually went ahead and did it by hand-inking some cels and shooting on 35mm, I'd be quite astonished. Surely it's not an impossibility for a short, unless those materials and skills are completely vanished.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Now, if they actually went ahead and did it by hand-inking some cels and shooting on 35mm, I'd be quite astonished. Surely it's not an impossibility for a short, unless those materials and skills are completely vanished.

That would be ART.

I recently helped a pal out painting cels for his production he's working on in 16mm himself. It's actually pretty fun when you know what you're doing and don't have a problem with painting hundreds of cels on your own like I did. I must have painted roughly a minute or two of the film by now.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
StudioToledo, that project sounds way cool!

It would be so neat if this was a reunion of the original Daicon buddies, bringing Anno and Akai back. And imagine Itano and Maeda and Sadamoto and Hirano working on an anime together again!! A girl can dream, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1