• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Madoka Magica Film's Blu-ray to Have English Subtitles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samo2222

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
Waiting to see which shop offers the best pre-order bonus. Looking forward to it.
terminus24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote
Well, I can't really say I'm surprised, as this is probably going to be the official AoA release for a while.

Still wondering when/if they'll dub the first two, although that probably wouldn't be until after this has been out for a while...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
Yaaaaaay
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
Samo8412 wrote:
Waiting to see which shop offers the best pre-order bonus. Looking forward to it.

Do you mean an American retailer like Rightstuf or are you planning to order it from Japan? I've never ordered DVDs/Blurays from anywhere other than the States before.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
I just hope they dub this movie.
Not bothered if they dub the first two as those are just recaps, but after the success of the TV series, you'd think it's a cert to dub the 3rd movie.
Actar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Not living in America, I prefer importing straight from Japan and it's always nice to see the official Japanese BD/DVDs have English subs.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I am hoping that Aniplex USA sells these sets through the RightStuf. I would like to have this 3rd movie, but I do not want it that badly to pay international shipping. If the regular edition is sold at the right price ($40-50) on the RightStuf, I will probably get that one.

But if the only way to own this movie is the import route, I rather wait for Aniplex USA to eventually do an in-house release.
bhl88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Great, I won't have to wait for a shitty dub just to be able to buy it online.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Despite what I heard, or rather because of what I heard, I'm really looking forward to seeing this, although here's hoping for a bilingual release from AoA. They did a pretty good dub for the series.

Last edited by pachy_boy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:

I doubt the US DVD/blu-ray will exclude the Japanese audio. I don't see people complaining about Spanish and French dubs on DVDs of Western shows/movies.

I think whether or not they dub this affects whether or not I'll buy a US blu-ray. Not that I wasn't willing to support it, I already saw this movie in a theater.

Although the inconclusive ending was a bit throwing off, even though I enjoyed most of the movie otherwise.
bhl88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Pangea wrote:

I doubt the US DVD/blu-ray will exclude the Japanese audio. I don't see people complaining about Spanish and French dubs on DVDs of Western shows/movies.

I think whether or not they dub this affects whether or not I'll buy a US blu-ray. Not that I wasn't willing to support it, I already saw this movie in a theater.

Although the inconclusive ending was a bit throwing off, even though I enjoyed most of the movie otherwise.

It was agreed that it was great, just that the ending threw away the message of the previous movie/season.
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Pangea wrote:

My point is If I can buy it directly from Japan with subs I no longer have to wait extra time for they to throw in some shitty dubs just because people are illiterate.
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
Crystal wrote:
Pangea wrote:

My point is If I can buy it directly from Japan with subs I no longer have to wait extra time for they to throw in some shitty dubs just because people are illiterate.

Are you seriously trolling? I've seen you post before in response to One Piece on Toonami and it seemed like you were just trying to piss people off .

I thought US DVDs/blu-rays were cheaper anyway, not that I have a problem with people importing them.

Also, the term "illiterate" seems kinda weird when I read manga. If I read the manga and then watch an anime that doesn't change alot, it feels like I read the same thing twice. Also, the blatant ageism in Japanese voice acting is kinda off-putting for me.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
bhl88 wrote:
It was agreed that it was great, just that the ending threw away the message of the previous movie/season.

I think people are misunderstanding what the ending was for. It certainly throws a wrench in the general message of the original series, but it's not over yet and isn't meant to be. It's easily redeemable, assuming they are conscious about the wrench and know that it should probably be pulled out someday. Nothing has been completely thrown away. =P

Ugh. The price, though. I have no problem paying Aniplex prices for everything I want from them and I save accordingly, but... if it's truly going to be $100+ for this again, I'm going to have to skimp out on my spending for groceries and any games I want for the next several months... or give it up. And for me, the second options really isn't a very happy one... D:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1