• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Stride And Seek

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
and its as i said before. this update is an uber waste of time , money and resources.

there are so many times you can stretch out one series before it starts to go thin. if they want people to get interested in it, they should have included one of the popular characters from the Alpha series like Charlie , Karin , or Rainbow Mika. Or better yet, even some from the EX series like Kairi , Shadowgeist or Garuda or hell, even some characters from the original street fighter game , but SERIOUSLY?? a freaking cammy clone??? that is all they can come up with?

note to all fighting game nuts like myself , dont even bother wasting any money with this and better save it for the new blazeblue game
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
About Deception IV. If your character manages to get a female enemy into multiple traps, the resulting combo will break their armor, leaving them with either torn clothes or underwear. (It's Tecmo! The creators of Dead or Alive. What did you expect?)
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Deception sounds like it's the product of a very disturbed mind. I like bloody violence but this game seems more like "torture women and get off to it" the game. I don't have a problem with bloody and gory violence (I love that shit) but the wierdly sexualized female enemies are...ugh.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I will admit that Strider (2D/3D) hybrid looks really sharp. Looking forward to seeing it in action.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Keep those recommendations coming Todd. As much as i scorn the old people for not accepting or trying new things, I simply do not want to wade through all the indie shiza to find the gems. Navigating through the both consoles slow ass menus is a turn off and keeps me from picking up some great downloadables.

Blazeblue is always good, Strider sucks, Street fighter needs to die or change. Guilty gear is still is fantastic I wish Arcsys would release the second Fist of the Northstar universe.

Igarashi leaving is great news. His company will make greatness. I have hope. A SOTN successor is all I want. He needs to make a career out of it. SOTN (Metroidvania), Aria of sorrow (Soul collecting) and Ecclesia (Dual wielding) were the most progressive. IMO the best after deviating from the formula of being level based.

The Deception series has always been a blast.

Ill pick up the witch and hundred knight when i get a chance.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And as long as Arc System Works is importing names from Overture, why not add Sin, Izuna, and Dr. Paradigm?

I'm sure no one even remembers who Dr. Paradigm was, which is sad because he had one of the more unique character designs, even if he was yet another one of those irritating anti-human nonhuman types.

Nice Strider article. It would have been cool if he could have appeared in Project X Zone like he did in Namco x Capcom, but I guess his recent appearance in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 along with his newest game at least prove he's not as easily forgotten as other gaming icons of the ancient past.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
and its as i said before. this update is an uber waste of time , money and resources.

there are so many times you can stretch out one series before it starts to go thin. if they want people to get interested in it, they should have included one of the popular characters from the Alpha series like Charlie , Karin , or Rainbow Mika. Or better yet, even some from the EX series like Kairi , Shadowgeist or Garuda or hell, even some characters from the original street fighter game , but SERIOUSLY?? a freaking cammy clone??? that is all they can come up with?

note to all fighting game nuts like myself , don't even bother wasting any money with this and better save it for the new blazeblue game

Careful what you say there. There's a subscriber here called nhat who will likely get mad at your entire post because you're saying something bad about Street Fighter (even though it's 100% true). I bet he'll even try to justify what's so original about a Cammy clone. XD
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I rather buy the SFxT dlc.
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, Skullgirls has just dropped the gauntlet hard...

http://youtu.be/4qcjCnkbROY
Battle Cossack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I remember learning about Deception when looking through Monster Rancher CD lists (RIP Tips and Tricks). I can't believe the new one is out already. Despite some of the questionable character designs in this later iteration, it's a series I've always wanted to play. Chalk it up to another reason to get a Vita, I guess.

As for Street Fighter characters I'd rather see, I'd vote for Ingrid, Go Hibiki, and Q, but anyone from Rival Schools would have been a nice addition, too.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Can we get a shout out for the Class of Heroes 2 PS3 pre order/interest check list in the next X button. Game needs 7,000 sales so any exposure would be nice.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
I need to go & play my PS2 Trapt game....

I think I posted....somewhere....it does sort of bother me they remove more & more clothing with each new Kagero game.

Lots of stuff to buy right now - DW8:XL, Deception 4, BlazBlue CP~

Loved GG2 Overture, and am eagerly waiting for Xrd.

My sister & I played Mario's Missing on the PC to death back when we were younger. Was a fairly epic game when we were younger, though it is more of a cheesy "learning" game when you get right down to it. Still, both of us have a nostalgic little place carved out in our hearts for it. Receiving the honor of blasting the Koopalings with the fireball at the end of each chapter of the game spawned many arguments & fights between us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cFBtBAFbI 1:39 mark for some of the most bizarre Mario opening ever.
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

note to all fighting game nuts like myself , don't even bother wasting any money with this and better save it for the new blazeblue game

Careful what you say there. There's a subscriber here called nhat who will likely get mad at your entire post because you're saying something bad about Street Fighter (even though it's 100% true). I bet he'll even try to justify what's so original about a Cammy clone. Anime hyper

I never say a Cammy clone is "original." I only said they don't play alike at all gameplay wise. Try playing Oni or Evil Ryu for 5 minutes you'll realize they're not clones, you can't play them the same way as Ryu or Ken. They're only "clones" by looks and similar normal attacks.

What you're saying is not 100% true and inaccurate statements are misleading. Its rude and irresponsible to say ignorant statements based on first impression, just because you haven't tried something new for more than 5 minutes.

First impression from people like you, "herp derp, she's a Cammy clone, she sucks, herp derp." Play the character for just 5 minutes and you'll realize their metagame don't play alike.

Even the article states,

"Decapre also shares a bit of Cammy's animation, though she's not so much of a knock-off in that sense. Her moves, mostly done with charge motions, are primarily for offense, and one of her Ultra attacks is a slow-moving ball of psycho power that just saunters across the screen. She can teleport and dash all over the place, and already hardcore players call her overpowered.

Other fans are too busy griping about all the Street Fighter and Final Fight characters that CAPCOM could've included instead of Evil Cammy (they're not even changing her hair?), but those just weren't as economical. We can still complain, though! "

Last edited by nhat on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Deception sounds like it's the product of a very disturbed mind. I like bloody violence but this game seems more like "torture women and get off to it" the game. I don't have a problem with bloody and gory violence (I love that shit) but the wierdly sexualized female enemies are...ugh.

Watch out, lest we summon the hoards of people who claim "we don't get it" and that our political correctness is ruining gaming! Rolling Eyes
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

After releasing an user experience collection boxset, you expect that to.be the last one. Seriously, 5.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2