• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses No Game, No Life Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
if the anime worth it I will buy the volumes, if not... nope
Mega 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Didn't see this one coming. Anime hyper I hope more of the upcoming spring series have their works licensed. Smile
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
So it's official, no more Blood Alone for us. Ah well, the last volume was a bit off. Maybe it's for the best. Anime cry
ragz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Wait I'm confused...

Did Seven Sea license the novels or the manga? The Kamiya Yuu (aka Thiago Furukawa Lucas) was the author and illu of the LN but the manga was not by him
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
So it's official, no more Blood Alone for us. Ah well, the last volume was a bit off. Maybe it's for the best. Anime cry

Not really "new," but we've publicly talked about this on all of our social media platforms fairly frequently. In the past, we had attempted to negotiate new rights for Blood Alone from Kodansha, and were unsuccessful.

ragz wrote:
Wait I'm confused...

Did Seven Sea license the novels or the manga? The Kamiya Yuu (aka Thiago Furukawa Lucas) was the author and illu of the LN but the manga was not by him

We've licensed the manga adaptation, which is drawn by Mashiro Hiiragi--though credit for the original author is Kamiya Yuu, as this is the case for sourcing on many adaptations.
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Conner Crooks wrote:
Not really "new," but we've publicly talked about this on all of our social media platforms fairly frequently. In the past, we had attempted to negotiate new rights for Blood Alone from Kodansha, and were unsuccessful.

I pretty much only check ANN for anime/manga news since keeping up with any other place is too time consuming. But I do recall hearing that this would probably happen a few months ago here.

I'd like to personally thank you for taking a chance on a series like this one. I'd never have heard of it otherwise, and I really enjoyed it while it lasted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1