• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - May 12th - May 18th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see more anime on TV, no matter how successful it will be in the ratings. Good times ahead, I reckon.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quote
Boy I wish I got Imagineasian TV :3

As far as premires go, I don't think anyone can complain. It is even becoming a little bit ridiculous. I thought the Boom was supposed to be over?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
Hey, hey, I wouldn't call it ridiculous. You don't consider the amount of anime that is aired in Japan on TV ridiculous, now do you? I didn't think so.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
When I wrote that word, I was thinking of all the people bitching that there isn't enough anime on TV.
But...

Josh7289 wrote:
You don't consider the amount of anime that is aired in Japan on TV ridiculous, now do you?
Of course I do! Just because I consider something ridiculous doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, or like it, even at that. If I didn't enjoy the nonsensical and ludicrous things in life, would that not be quite boring?

ex: The Queen's tiara at the state dinner was quite ridiculous. Doesn't mean I dislike the Queen or anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
Son of a Gankutsuou, how come no one said anything about ImagineAsian having The Count. Shoot I even get that channel, looks like I am going to have to add something else to my favorite channels. Good to know there's always anime on somewhere Very Happy.
Emperor Fred

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Overlooked:

Lupin the 3rd
(G4TechTV Canada)
-Monday May 14 8:30pm - Episode 6 "Shaky Pisa"
-Tuesday May 15 8:30pm - Episode 7 "Cursed Case Scenario"
-Wednesday May 16 8:30pm - Episode 8 "The Disorient Express"
-Thursday May 17 8:30pm - Episode 9 "Now Museum, Now You Don't"
-Friday May 18 8:30pm - Episode 10 "ZenigataCon"

Last edited by Emperor Fred on Sat May 12, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
This episode of Bleach that will premire tonight. Should have never been dubbed period. It you have a list of the top ten worst filler episodes ever this will be at the top easily. I am going to dodge this bullet and not watch the episode at all. Did the creators actually think this was a good idea to show a lame filler episode at this point in the anime. Yep,this was a big screw you to the fans. Curse you filler episode for doing this again.

Last edited by naruto fan 09812 on Mon May 14, 2007 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Emperor Fred wrote:
Overlooked:

Lupin the 3rd
(G4TechTV Canada)
-Monday May 14 8:30pm - Episode 6 "Cursed Case Scenario"
-Tuesday May 15 8:30pm - Episode 7 "The Disorient Express"
-Wednesday May 16 8:30pm - Episode 8 "Now Museum, Now You Don't"
-Thursday May 17 8:30pm - Episode 9 "ZenigataCon"
-Friday May 18 8:30pm - Episode 10 "Who's Vroomin' Who?"

Yeah, dude, it's the second week in a row you missed that! Also of note, TechTV Canada aired "To Be or Nazi Be", which the licensor still apparently won't let Adult Swim show.
Emperor Fred

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize they aired that episode in the right order. Previous post fixed!

Also, I'd say it isn't so much that they still won't let Adult Swim air it as it just wasn't part of the 26 episodes they originally licenced.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quote
Emperor Fred wrote:
I didn't realize they aired that episode in the right order. Previous post fixed!

Also, I'd say it isn't so much that they still won't let Adult Swim air it as it just wasn't part of the 26 episodes they originally licenced.

Except for all those times that the episode has been scheduled to run in repeats, and has been pulled at the last minute.

Also, holy crap! G4TechTV Canada's website absolutely sucks when it comes to getting advance info on what shows they're airing, plus the fact that I'm far, far removed from Canada, so these things often slip right past me. You guys are good about it, though, and because of this I should honorably pass down my column duties to you; except for the fact that I need the money to help support my ailing and only slightly legitimate online pharmaceutical business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
This episode of Bleach that will premire tonight. Should have never been dubbed period. It you have a list of the top ten worst filler episodes ever this will be at the top easily. I am going to dodge this bullet and not watch the episode at all. Did the creators actually think this was a good idea to show a lame filler episode at this point in the anime. Yep,this was a big screw you to the fans. Curse you filler episode for doing again.

You have got to relax. I saw it, and enjoyed it, despite it not relating to the main story. Maybe because I'm not buying this 50-episode Soul Society Arc crap, but I was glad to finally see a distraction from the 2-episodes per minion fights in Soul Society. But I enjoyed this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kazekun

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ya know, I'm kinda surprised he doesn't analyze the Colours TV anime.

But all in all, I love comin' & reading this to see what's gonna be on.
herbkir

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Probably because the ColoursTV website schedule never lists what particular episodes they are playing, plus they haven't shown anything new in ages.

Even though the Funi TV block keeps repeating the same shows over and over, ColoursTV could still pick up anime viewers if only they would tell website visitors the episode numbers or episode titles being shown, and supply that information to the on-screen program guides.

Yes, add me to those who regularly consult this column for what's coming up each week. It's a very useful feature. (^_*)
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I also hated the Bleach ep. this week. Man, was that pointless! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
I also hated the Bleach ep. this week. Man, was that pointless! Evil or Very Mad

That's what shounen does. All the previous trivial fights on the show thus far have been pointless too. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2