• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Figma Rintarou Okabe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
First off...you haven't watched Steins;Gate? (I couldn't resist. Sorry, David or Zac...who actually wrote this piece?)

Second off...you were at Anime Boston? Darn, where was I throughout the convention?

Third off...I am glad that the male figures are getting their due. I made sure to get Plum's scale of Okabe with GSC scale Kurisu. His flamboyance makes his figures stand out for sure.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
What's with the sculpt? His face is kinda off and doesn't really look like Okabe. I could never tolerate such a bizarre looking figure staring at me from a shelf.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This is a reprint, but Okabe's basically just lucky he hangs out with Kurisu Makise, whose two (!) figmas, released at the same time, were also reprinted.

Yikes, where did you get this information? Okabe had his first and so far only release on 12/26/2013. Brown jacket Kurisu was first released back on 6/17/2011 and then reissued on 12/16/2013 while the white lab coat version had it's first and only release on 12/12/2013. Only the brown jacket Kurisu has been reissued, the other two figma are entirely new. MyFigureCollection.net is your friend!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I wish they'd make a proper 1/8 figure of him in his signature pose. There's already an amazing 1/8 of Kurisu, and it'd be nice to see a Okarin too. Hell, it'd be awesome if all of the characters had 1/8 figures by GSC. I'd love to see Mayuri and the other characters.
dsakct

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
"you get Okabe's cellphone, which I read on Wikipedia is a major element in the original game."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah, just a minor part the plot... Nothing significant at all.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
I wish they'd make a proper 1/8 figure of him in his signature pose. There's already an amazing 1/8 of Kurisu, and it'd be nice to see a Okarin too. Hell, it'd be awesome if all of the characters had 1/8 figures by GSC. I'd love to see Mayuri and the other characters.

Plum's Okabe
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:

Yeah... I know there are figures of them. Same with the rest of the cast, but none of them have the awesome beauty of GSC figures.
Alunimus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I shouldn't watch Steins;Gate, you should read it!

Got this figure few months ago and it's great. Details and articulation are awesome. With him I got labcoat Kurisu but now I'm a bit sad because of decision not to buy reissue of original figma Kurisu (because two similiar figures of the same character is a bit too much). Her accessories could help to recreate so much more scenes from VN and anime-adaptation!
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
No banana?
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
The brown jacket Kurisu also has the replacement arm pieces so she can have her arms crossed in annoyance. (Why would you have her with any other pose?)
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
First off...you haven't watched Steins;Gate? (I couldn't resist. Sorry, David or Zac...who actually wrote this piece?)

David did. Big apologies for the mistake - the byline is a dropdown box when I'm putting this column into our CMS, on very rare occasion I forget to change it (the box defaults to me).

Again, apologies.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Steins;Gate for me is one of those series I would collect figures for - I very rarely do so but S;G figures do look good. I will definitely have a wee look around for this one, so may expressions you could never get bored Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1