• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Reebok Trots Out Gundam Sneakers in Classic Colors

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
The top blue ones look a lot like I would picture unit 0 from evangelion in shoe form
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
The red one are three time faster than normal sneaker
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
It has a WHITE mesh BASE?? OH HOHOHOHO I GET IT. Clever Reebok.

Do want. ;__;
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I actually could see me wearing these. Of course, that makes me ask, is this a Japan exclusive, or is it going to be a world wide roll out?
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I actually could see me wearing these. Of course, that makes me ask, is this a Japan exclusive, or is it going to be a world wide roll out?

I think this will be a Japan-exclusive, I doubt it'll go worldwide (this is why we can't have nice thing like this in the US. Crying or Very sad Anime cry ).

But anyway, this is a very cool design. But sadly, this will never come to the US or worldwide.

I wonder if the red shoe will make me go 3 times faster, will it make me jump 3 times higher (oh, NBA should make this a requirement). Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Ya guys just gonna get yourselves beat up wearing these! Smile
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Ya guys just gonna get yourselves beat up wearing these! Smile

I can defend myself pretty easily, thanks. You're assuming everyone who would wear these are 90 lb middle schoolers. So save your snark for another topic.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I can defend myself pretty easily, thanks. You're assuming everyone who would wear these are 90 lb middle schoolers. So save your snark for another topic.

I took it to refer to how most Gundam protagonists get beaten up (or at least struck in the face) at least once in their respective shows. Bright famously slapped Amuro, Wong put Kamille in hospital with a savage beating, Banagher got decked by one Sleeves dude and got into a hilariously awful fistfight with another on the bridge (and won by punching him in the groin), and so on and so forth. And then there are the all the cases of adults slapping and punching adults. The UC timeline is full of mindless physical violence.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
You could very well be right. I might have jumped the gun based on how I feel enurtsol's posts generally go, and so I read too much into it. So, if that's the case, and it could very well be, then I'm wrong and sorry for immediately going on the defensive.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I wonder if the red shoe will make me go 3 times faster

Nah, just like a red Gundam doesn't make its pilot move around 3x faster in the cockpit. So trying to wear the red shoes will make you look like the runner in QWOP. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
Ugly ass shoes but that'd be the case regardless of anything. I'm just glad they pretty much only altered the colorways. I think that's a better route than making them Payless style where it has pictures of Gundams all over it. Those are always horrific imo.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

I took it to refer to how most Gundam protagonists get beaten up (or at least struck in the face) at least once in their respective shows. Bright famously slapped Amuro, Wong put Kamille in hospital with a savage beating, Banagher got decked by one Sleeves dude and got into a hilariously awful fistfight with another on the bridge (and won by punching him in the groin), and so on and so forth. And then there are the all the cases of adults slapping and punching adults. The UC timeline is full of mindless physical violence.

That's because all those characters are pussies. Now Judau Ashta doesn't get beaten by anyone. He beats on everyone else. Smile Especially Bright.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
^
He also got revenge on behalf of Kamille against Wong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoSDyaKC7x8
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1