• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mario Upgrades His Ride to a Mercedes-Benz

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
"Thank you Mario!
But our market is in another income bracket!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
"Thank you Mario!
But our market is in another income bracket!"

Yeah, what I've read the price and ownership of cars is ridiculously expensive in Japan. Not to mention things like needing to provide proof of parking slot prior to purchasing...
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

Yeah, what I've read the price and ownership of cars is ridiculously expensive in Japan. Not to mention things like needing to provide proof of parking slot prior to purchasing...

True that, I heard the tax hikes has also effected car sales in Japan, however Japanese car export has gone up, I'll quote this NHK World article:

NHK World wrote:

Domestic auto output up in April despite tax hike

Strong overseas sales helped Japanese automakers increase their domestic output in April for the 8th straight month.

Industry figures show that 8 major carmakers produced a total of nearly 730 thousand vehicles in April. That is up 3 percent from the same month last year.

Brisk sales in the US and China compensated for a drop in domestic demand caused by the consumption tax hike in April.

By automaker, Mitsubishi, Fuji Heavy Industries and Mazda posted increases on strong exports, while Toyota and Nissan saw their sales decline.
Officials from a car dealers' organization say the tax hike may continue to dampen domestic sales in the months ahead, dragging down production.

May 29, 2014 - Updated 10:32 UTC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Damn, Mario looked like a badass coming out of the Merc, and that is saying something considering there is almost no such thing as a badass Merc owner. Typical Merc owners are pompous jerks so finding a badass is rare.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I'd be a lot more interested in buying a Wii U if Nintendo had a serious racing franchise along the lines of Forza or Gran Turismo with licensed cars and actual racetracks.

I suppose putting a Mercedes-Benz in Mario Kart 8 is a tiny first step in that direction. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Timothy Morris on Jamie Marchi's Bewitched Warriors (her official FB fanpage where I first found about the link) mentioned this:
Quote:
An Italian plumber driving a German car in a Japanese game... Mario Kart: Axis Powers

Both Jamie and Vic Mignogna have Italian blood.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi: Now if only this game was real, huh? I mean, if Nintendo can do it for Conker, they should have no problem with their own mascot, right? Laughing
Tiggyz

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
Out of all the Mercedes-Benz cars in the market, why this car. Why not the SLS AMG or the SL 65 AMG Black Series
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Tiggyz wrote:
Out of all the Mercedes-Benz cars in the market, why this car. Why not the SLS AMG or the SL 65 AMG Black Series

Maybe they wanted a M-B that isn't as well known. Also, I believe that technically that an SUV isn't a car.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
^
They're light trucks, same as pickups.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Tenchi: Now if only this game was real, huh? I mean, if Nintendo can do it for Conker, they should have no problem with their own mascot, right? :lol:

Eh, on a tangent from that, the one Wii U exclusive I am honestly interested in playing is none other than Lego City Undercover, which looks to be like a totally "clean" version of Grand Theft Auto with everything I like about those games but without the nastiness. Because I'm pushing 40 and games that try too hard to be "edgy" really don't do it for me anymore.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
Damn, Mario looked like a badass coming out of the Merc, and that is saying something considering there is almost no such thing as a badass Merc owner. Typical Merc owners are pompous jerks so finding a badass is rare.

My feelings are hurt Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1