• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom's 1st Anime Visual, 10 Million Copies Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
And that's awesome because I'll probably purchase one of those copies. The visual looks alright I guess.

It's going to be funny seeing sense in the action live film though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
More ASSCLASS news is good.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote
Hmm I`m curious of the new casting. The only one I was kinda to reprise his role is Tomokazu Seki.
spinja446

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
This is going to be wild!
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Judging from this image, they should be going with green anti-sensei material though for some reason I recall it being brown at some point for a coloured spread (the event anime went for green iirc). Since the manga is just approaching 100 chapters I should have a lot of time to check it again and it doesn't really matter.

With 10.1 Million printed as of the tenth volume on July 4th, each volume will have a million sold on average perhaps a year in advance of the anime. I'm sure WSJ have jumped on anime opportunities for things which weren't doing so well, so I'm repeating what I said again, I'm surprised they waited so long even if it will make the anime better.

Wish there was more information released today (any of the voice cast? trailer? composer?), knowing about the staff last week was nice but not so much if we have a wait for an undisclosed amount of time for more than promotional art for the anime. Till Jump Festa I suppose.
Korison

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
I read Seiji Kishi...my hype just dropped immensly...
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote
Either the blurb is badly translated or someone dropped the ball on the description. Isn't the Sensei's big selling point his Mach 10 speed and not his "great strength"?

Edit: I have got to stop quoting stuff off-hand from memory. It's really Mach 20, either way strength shouldn't be in the English description at all.

Last edited by Harleyquin on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
clipeuh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Seiji Kishi with a brand new animation studio... yeah I'll have to keep my expectations low. Confused
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

STOP calling it that.

Seriously. Confused
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
KH91 wrote:

STOP calling it that.

Seriously. Confused

Agreed.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Korison wrote:
I read Seiji Kishi...my hype just dropped immensly...

clipeuh wrote:
Seiji Kishi with a brand new animation studio... yeah I'll have to keep my expectations low. Confused

Tetsuro Araki with a brand new animation studio worked out just fine. Seiji Kishi has a decently sized library of work which when you exclude those video game to anime adaptations is pretty solid.

I'm parroting what Megiddo said in another thread without making my claim more educated than a copy and paste, but apparently did good work with Seto no Hanayome, Carnival Phantasm, Yugo, Arpeggio, Angel Beats, Sunred, and Jintai.

I suppose keeping your expectations low would help you enjoy it if he ends up keeping his standards up there with his non-video game adaptation work.

I know I'm going to be there to crucify the show from opening to ending, from the inevitable video game (Bandai Namco aren't going to let this slip like they let Attack on Titan go to Spike Chunsoft) to promotional works... My expectations are pretty high as I've been following this more or less since the beginning so I hope it lives up those standards. >_>

Harleyquin wrote:
Either the blurb is badly translated or someone dropped the ball on the description. Isn't the Sensei's big selling point his Mach 10 speed and not his "great strength"?

Someone at Viz dropped the ball on the description, judging from the first ANN article on the acquisition confirming that is a description from Viz Media: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-04/viz-adds-assassination-classroom-resident-evil-manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Did a good job on Angel Beats? Eh.....
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
KH91 wrote:

STOP calling it that.

Seriously. Confused

Or.....just ignore it.

Idea
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
AssClass sounds interesting, so I guess I'll give it an episode or two.

And that sort of abbreviation's common in the Japanese fandom; the English fans can get in on it once in a while, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1