• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Over Lord Fantasy RPG Light Novel Has Anime in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Another RPG style series huh? I hope they can take the premise and make something cool out of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
The plot makes no sense, once the server of any online game are shut down or taken offline then it is game over, unless all of this is happening inside his mind, which would be quite pitiful if you ask me.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Think I'd rather see an adaptation of Re:Monster. Or the Shield Hero one, whatever the hell it's called.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
The plot makes no sense, once the server of any online game are shut down or taken offline then it is game over, unless all of this is happening inside his mind, which would be quite pitiful if you ask me.

Yeah, that part didn't make much sense to me either, so I tried to look up some more info, and I think what happens is that he stays logged in right up to the moment the game is shut down, and then in that moment, he is transported to the world of the game for real. But I couldn't find very much about it, so I'm not 100% certain.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

Yeah, that part didn't make much sense to me either, so I tried to look up some more info, and I think what happens is that he stays logged in right up to the moment the game is shut down, and then in that moment, he is transported to the world of the game for real. But I couldn't find very much about it, so I'm not 100% certain.

Either this, or this is the worst case of research failure I have ever seen. Because like the first person said, everything would cease to exist, other than strictly offline components, which is pretty much nothing in an mmorpg.
Urizithar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, if it's Log Horizon style that would be great but if it's like SAO then I don't give a shit.
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
Sounds potentially interesting. I'll at least check it out when it airs.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Jacquipuff wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

Either this, or this is the worst case of research failure I have ever seen. Because like the first person said, everything would cease to exist, other than strictly offline components, which is pretty much nothing in an mmorpg.

Strange, with a show where the MC is transported to another world, you would think those interested may have a bit more suspension of disbelief?

I mean, if the guy is being transported, then surely it isn't a massive leap to think that the world the game is based may actually exist outside of the server in some way?

Though, I wouldn't too be surprised if how it exists outside/independent of the server isn't actually explained "because magic".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1