• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Now Showing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Project Scissors sounds pretty interesting, but I still wouldn't run with that.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a good round up. Of course folks are highly anticipating FFXV. I do have to admit the "memes" are killing me. I'll have to look for them now. So D4 finally brought some info with it. I have to look into that game a bit. More MGS is a good thing.

Though I'll be happier when we see more on P5.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy XV: All-male cast? Let the inherent sexist wars begin again! XD

...I'm kidding of course, but I'm sure someone's bound to make a stink about it. And great, yet another stupid meme. This is even worse than Luigi's death stare.

Legend of Legacy: Considering who's on board for this, I really want to know more. Seems like another awesome dream team combo to me, just like when Chrono Trigger had its dream team in Hironobu Sakaguchi, Yuji Horii and Akira Toriyama.

Zodiac: Sounds like a neat concept. Love that big demon with the huge sword in the screenshot.

Super Smash Bros. DS: Already reserved. Can't wait for October 3rd! Argh, that rhymed! XD
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Final Fantasy XV: All-male cast? Let the inherent sexist wars begin again! Anime hyper

...I'm kidding of course, but I'm sure someone's bound to make a stink about it. And great, yet another stupid meme. This is even worse than Luigi's death stare.

There's already some stink, but honestly until we see the game there's nothing wrong with what they've shown so far. It's not like FF games have ever shied away from having female characters.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
To those who still wonder what Anita Sarkeesian is on about, Quiet's character design and choice of clothing should clue you in.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
All-male cast? Let the inherent sexist wars begin again! Anime hyper

...I'm kidding of course, but I'm sure someone's bound to make a stink about it

The truly ironic thing is an all male cast of bishounen would draw more female players than actually shoe-horning in female characters which is usually what these people rally for. People are calling in Fujoshi Fantasy XV for a reason, so if we see people start to complain about it not being inclusive to female players I'm going to laugh pretty hard. Sometimes I wonder if these people know just what appealing to women can actually include.

The companion system sounds interesting, though it leads to some hiccups like mentioning not letting Ocelot be a companion. Though since the companions can die for good, it would cause a time paradox so I understand why. I'll probably be sticking with Quiet for the most part anyway.

-Stuart Smith.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
To those who still wonder what Anita Sarkeesian is on about, Quiet's character design and choice of clothing should clue you in.

An interesting and memorable character with a unique and recognizable character design?

MGSV just looks cooler and cooler with every new info on it. I can't wait til it comes out.
lostrune

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
The truly ironic thing is an all male cast of bishounen would draw more female players than actually shoe-horning in female characters which is usually what these people rally for. People are calling in Fujoshi Fantasy XV for a reason, so if we see people start to complain about it not being inclusive to female players I'm going to laugh pretty hard. Sometimes I wonder if these people know just what appealing to women can actually include

Kojima found that out years ago Laughing
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Soo...if FF15 is a boys-only road trip, is it safe to say that FF10-2 is a girls-only slumber party?

Case in point: Bitching about the cast is moot and pointless as something similar was already done bearing the FF brand.
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Confirmation of an all male party makes Final Fantasy XV an easy pass for me. I guess a better name for it would be Final Fantasy: Free Edition Laughing
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Lavnovice9 wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

An interesting and memorable character with a unique and recognizable character design?

MGSV just looks cooler and cooler with every new info on it. I can't wait til it comes out.

You can't really say that when the game hasn't even come out yet, but I don't see anything memorable about the character design at all.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Soo...if FF15 is a boys-only road trip, is it safe to say that FF10-2 is a girls-only slumber party?

Case in point: Bitching about the cast is moot and pointless as something similar was already done bearing the FF brand.

FF10-2 is a 70s Carlies Angels movie like FF15's is a 90s "buddy road trip" movie. I remember when FF10-2 came out you got a lot of people throwing out insults like girly or gay at it. Guess this will be more of the same from those people.

CatzCradle wrote:
You can't really say that when the game hasn't even come out yet, but I don't see anything memorable about the character design at all.

I find it to be a pretty unique design. Especially for a war game where most of them just throw characters in generic military uniforms. Metal Gear Solid has always been pretty good about that. Despite it's "realistic" art and themes, you got memorable designs like a pyromaniac astronaut or a BDSM pretty boy vampire. Kojima said he intented Quiet to be an interesting enough design for girls to cosplay and figures to be made of her. It helps to stand out to do stuff like that.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
MGSV: part two has a dog in it. With an eye patch? Game of the year there.

Also that Persona cover art is bad. Real bad. I hope Sega Europe use something else for our version...
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
The only people I've seen complaining about 15's party are dudes upset they don't have waifus and can't make a harem and these people here trying to get a jump start on thier defenses for a made up enemy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:

People these days can't live their lives without having to bitch at something, it's impossible to make them happy because complaining is their lifestyle :/

strawberry-kun wrote:
Confirmation of an all male party makes Final Fantasy XV an easy pass for me. I guess a better name for it would be Final Fantasy: Free Edition Laughing

If you skip amazing games for THIS sort of lame reason, I don't even know what to say to you
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3