• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide - Fate/stay night

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Fate Aced Tonight. Can't we give it an award already? Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
It's strange. I thought at this point, I would get totally burned out by the Fate franchise (with Prisma Illya being an amusing distraction), but then this episode came, and I'm starting to fall into liking it all over again! Anime hyper

I think having it start from Rin's perspective is a good move as we finally get to see what makes her tick, and double episode didn't feel doubly long unlike the first episode of Fate/Zero. But we're going back to Shirou next episode, are we?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Haven't been paying *too* much attention to the talkback threads, but hasn't it been kind of weird how discussion's been arranged for Fate/Stay Night? First there were posts specifically about Fate/stay night, then they were transported to take up permanent residence in the overall talkback thread for the Preview Guide. Now Fate/stay night is back to having it's own talkback thread again.

So, uh… it is safe to post in this thread now, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote
This actually isn't supposed to exist as a separate response thread. Please use the main one for the Preview Guide instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
This actually isn't supposed to exist as a separate response thread. Please use the main one for the Preview Guide instead.

So how come it's all fine and dandy for the CROSS ANGE preview to get it's own 120+ post thread? Sad

Wait, I might've read that wrong…. so it *is* okay for Fate/Stay Nightto have it's own thread in response to the preview-reviews written for it, right? (i.e., this thread.) And I don't need to worry about my posts in this exact thread, which talk just about Fate/stay night specifically, getting assimilated into the greater preview guide thread? That's what I was trying to communicate by my previous post; I wasn't "confused" whether or not this was the overall preview guide talkback thread.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Key wrote:

So how come it's all fine and dandy for the CROSS ANGE preview to get it's own 120+ post thread? Sad

Well, if you've seen what went down in there, consider it sort of a quarantine situation. Laughing A-haha. A-hahaha. Haaaaaa~ Anime dazed
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It's strange. I thought at this point, I would get totally burned out by the Fate franchise (with Prisma Illya being an amusing distraction), but then this episode came, and I'm starting to fall into liking it all over again! Anime hyper

I think having it start from Rin's perspective is a good move as we finally get to see what makes her tick, and double episode didn't feel doubly long unlike the first episode of Fate/Zero. But we're going back to Shirou next episode, are we?

luckily that will be soon enough considering that its meant for fans of shirou,rin and archer. however some of the reviewers dont have the monolouge quite right. from what i can tell there are three ending versions of FSN visual novel which then got adapted into a manga which is of course the prequel of fate hollow ataraxia(personally that should have been the TV series instead).

though which enging route( fate,ubw,heaven's feel ) is the actual sequel to fate zero is anyone's guess unless the author states otherwise. Personally i would hope it would be the fate/saber route that's the actual ending. Also though the quality and everything about the ep is great,unfortunately for those that watched the UBW movie aint gonna be excited much since its the same high quality animation we would expect from uftoable and this series follows that route like the movie so nothing is gonna be very different.

so in my case it would be a 4. 5 for newcomers to the franchise (especially noobs that got hooked from watching fate zero) and a 3 for those that have already watched the movie.

Quote:
Not only am I a big fan of the entire animated Fate/ franchise but also Rin Tohsaka is far and away my favorite character in the franchise.

Which is what this TV series will be mainly based on. its kind of a meat series for fans of rin , archer and shirou.

and if anyone have seen the movie already unfortunately everyone else who had small parts in the DEEN version have limited roles for this series. especially sakura and illyasviel who unfortunately fans of those characters arent too happy about their roles for this route.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

I can understand why Cross Ange got its own special thread - but so have other shows like The Fruit of Grisaia, World Trigger, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, etc.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
Do people prefer individual threads for each show?

I can leave it this way if that's what people would prefer, or I can merge everything back to the main thread (leaving Cross Ange out, of course. That one probably needs to stay on its own). Doesn't particularly matter to me either way; normally we'd just have everything in one thread to avoid choking the talkback forum with show threads, but I'm not married to that system.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
I personally prefer One Big Preview Thread, but I do understand the benefit of creating special threads for a show like Cross Ange where discussion can be had without completely taking over the Preview Thread.
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Personally I don't like individual threads, because there already is a for example F/SN thread in anime section. It seems that a number of people only dwell in the talkback section, but for me it's a bit frustrating if the same questions or opinions are posted in three different places. The discussion gets fragmented.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
The Preview Guide Talkback threads are intended to facilitate postings made in response to the writer's preview-reviews, right? And thus a post can be just as much about (if not even more about) what the reviewer has said re: a show as it can be about the episodes reviewed? The distinction between Fate/stay night "anime" threads and "talkback" threads might be a bit blurred for the first couple weeks or so, but I don't think it would take much extraneous effort for the the threads to find their own, relatively distinct niches. It also helps that the lifespan of a preview guide thread is not as evergreen a topic as a regular "Anime" thread.

All that said, the concern of there being clutter and fragmented discussion is still a valid one. If users have a desire to be "noticed" or have conversations about a particular show's reviews (sans Cross Ange I guess), would we have better luck with having dialogues reciprocated in the main Preview Guide thread?
otakunomike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
though which enging route( fate,ubw,heaven's feel ) is the actual sequel to fate zero is anyone's guess unless the author states otherwise. Personally i would hope it would be the fate/saber route that's the actual ending. Also though the quality and everything about the ep is great,unfortunately for those that watched the UBW movie aint gonna be excited much since its the same high quality animation we would expect from uftoable and this series follows that route like the movie so nothing is gonna be very different.

According to the sequel game Hollow Ataraxia, Heavens Feel is actually the 'canon' arc however it also explicitly states that all 3 are simply parallel universes of each other. It's hard to align Zero to any one of them, though with all the Tohsaka/Matou family issues it would seem to feed most into Heavens Feel. I'm a little concerned about limited HF to just a movie since its by far the longest arc of the game, and the main issue with the UBW movie was that it just didn't have enough time for everything.

Zac and others should take heart, while Shirou returns next week the Shirou of each arc is fairly different from each other. Kinoko Nasu described it as saying each of the 3 stories represent a different life mode for Shirou: in Fate he's like a child, chasing his ideals at all costs and convinced of his own superiority; in UBW he's like a teenager debating between his ideals and reality; whereas in HF he's like an adult willing to sacrifice his ideals for his own personal desires. The original series stuck close enough to Fate that he is chauvinistic and terribly annoying, but he's far better this time around (and by HF I was shocked I actually was rooting for him).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Considering that the talkback forums will also be flooded with the review threads every single week, I see no reason for the season preview guides to give every single show their own thread in addition to all of that. So a single show causes a big stink, that big stink should either go to the thread on the anime forum or should be saved for the inevitable weekly review thread.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I was working under the assumption that the weekly review threads for each show would be folded into the preview thread for that show (or the other way around? I'm not sure whats the best way to put that).
I mean I personally like the individual threads for shows, keeps the discussion for it in one place, but if there are going to be separate threads for the weekly reviews, that would clog up the talkback section.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2